PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I just got shot in the back of my head** Home-game hand!

SaintAces
04-17-2004, 11:35 PM
** = NOT DEAD MAN'S HAND

This is a No Limit Texas Hold'em 20$ buyin tournament. Six people have entered and we are down to 3 left.

Payout is a strange one:
1st - 80
2nd - 20
3rd - 20

so basically 2nd and 3rd make their money back.

The players:
Mike - a terrible player who thinks he's good. Cockiest player. This explains a lot: called 2 all-ins with J6 on a KQJ2 board. A river J won the pot and now he has 600 in chips. Calls things because he feels it

Kyle: A weaker player - called an all in from a good player with J9 offsuit on a 869 flop. Running nines edged out a nut straight. Has about 400 in chips.

Me: Best player in the tourney. Been playing tight and very smart. I'm finally clicking on all cylinders - my reads are perfect, I'm being patient, and I'm staying out of dangerous pots. With 300 in chips, I feel I have a 70% chance of winning.

The Hand.
Were three handed and I pick up K /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button.
I immediately raise it to 20. Mike folds, and Kyle calls.

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif
Pot is 45 chips. I bet 50 and he calls.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Pot is 145 and I have 240. I check, I know he will bet. He bets 40. What a weak bet! Right where I want him. I re-raise him all in and he thinks forever. Mike told him to call me, even against our rules of no advice. This is becuase he wanted me out, as Kyle was no threat to either of us. Anyways he calls and tables.

6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

A quickly turned over river gives him a 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and a chip lead. I am out of the tourney just like that and after him apologizing, I am still stunned. Mike is the type to have peeked at the river three and told Kyle to call.

Any errors in the hand? This is not only intended as a bad beat story. I KNOW I went in with the better hand - he was drawing to two 3s. However, is there anyway I don't lose ALL my chips there. It's not like I had a super read on him.

Thanks for reading...

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

blackaces13
04-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Where's the A8 two pair here? Sorry but with that title (and last weeks Deadwood) I'm gonna need to see the A8 in someone's hand to read it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

eastbay
04-18-2004, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The players:
Mike - a terrible player who thinks he's good. Cockiest player....

Me: Best player in the tourney. Been playing tight and very smart. I'm finally clicking on all cylinders - my reads are perfect, I'm being patient, and I'm staying out of dangerous pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comedy!

eastbay

SaintAces
04-18-2004, 12:00 PM
however, its the only way I can convey my point... they are really THAT bad.

jedi
04-19-2004, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Mike is the type to have peeked at the river three and told Kyle to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

So...

1) Why are you playing with him?

2) How did he know Kyle had 63?