PDA

View Full Version : borgata vs taj mahal

jimbob2358
04-17-2004, 09:11 PM
I haven't been to any of the poker rooms in AC. Which do you prefer and which do you feel is better for a low-limit player? Thanks in advance.

scrub
04-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Borgata.

Hands down no contest don't even think about it Borgata.

Players who want to play 20/40 and above are almost always better off at the Taj.

The rest of us, however, have no reason to play in that hellhole.

scrub

wontons
04-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Out of these two...definitely borgata...they sometimes will have 10 games of just 2-4,3-6....but on a side note, ive beening playing at the trop lately and like it there more so than borgata for the NL games....at borgata theres usually only 1 going and if your on the waiting list good luck...trop had like 5 games going one time...this may have been cause it was after the sat tourney I dont really remember.

Pretzel
04-19-2004, 03:13 PM
I was just in AC this past weekend and played at both the taj and the borgata. I spent all of my time playing 6/12 at borgata and 5/10 at the taj.

Borgata - much cleaner and a nicer room. They have the wait list on flat screen monitors which i think is nice. the games were good, especially between midnight and 6am when the drunk clubgoers straggled in. The only time that the wait was really long was from 6pm to midnight on saturday. At other times they had plenty of games going to get seats quickly (except the no limit game which always seemed to have a long wait). Also you get $1 per hour of comps. Just beware that the comps don't get added to your card for 24 hours after you log out, so you can't go cash them out right after your session.

The only thing that i like about the taj is that they spread 5/10 instead of 6/12 so there is not a bunch of time wasted making change every bet. i think they only comp 0.50 per hour but i'm not sure about that. The games were about as good in terms of players, and the dealers were solid.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask me, i'm sure i forgot to include some stuff.

Pretzel

scrub
04-24-2004, 03:02 PM
The 6/12 structure is stupid with red and white. They should get $3 chips made up and just not use them for the 3/6 if they want the pots to look better.

I played a lot of 6/12 there this summer, and many of the dealers had trouble making change for bets made in red. I used to have to speak up to keep from getting shorted at least once per night.

That being said, it's a much better room. The comps are better, the games are just as good, the environment is more pleasant, and the floor is orders of magnitude more competent.

scrub

risen
04-25-2004, 11:25 AM
But I like making geometric offsetting Red/White stacks with my $600 buyin. It's hella intimidating.

blackaces13
04-25-2004, 03:47 PM
The games at the Borgata are great, the waitresses are HOT, the games are numerous, the room is brand new and clean, the beers actually come in bottles instead of plastic cups.

For 2/4 and 3/6 the Borgata is about as good as it gets IMO, I love it there.

scrub
04-25-2004, 04:16 PM
You're not the guy with the hat and sunglasses who makes the weird column structure, are you?

scrub

risen
04-25-2004, 05:26 PM
nope not I.

Puffin
04-28-2004, 04:07 PM
I actually heard the Pit Boss at brogata announce a 5 10 table opening up on monday Not sure if it ever got going but i heard it annouced.

Nepa
04-28-2004, 08:23 PM
I like the Taj better myself because I think the games are alittle better there. It's all about location, at the Taj you can trip into the poker room at Borgata you have to go and find it.

P.S. Did anyone ever play any daily touranements at Borgata? I'm interested in playing the friday afternoon 100 dollar re-buy someday. Thanks for any help!

MHarris
04-29-2004, 01:20 PM
The tourneys there get a great turnout. The Fri. $100+20/R gets about 110 players on average. Expect to spend $320 or $420 unless you catch a nice early rush. Blinds escalate very quickly, and after the 1st break the field thins drastically. Also, the Trop has tourneys every night now (11:00 Fri and Sat night I think) and a Sunday 12:15 NLHE tourney.