PDA

View Full Version : How to play TT

vanHelsing
04-17-2004, 05:57 PM
I have been playing 5/10 SH on party for about 4 weeks now. First 3 weeks + 580 BB, last week - 230 BB.
You might imagine, I don't sleep very well at the moment /images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I am very selective on the tables I play, I am no expert, so I need weak opposition.
My bad run of the last week makes me think a lot about my game and if I am favorite to beat those tables.
I would like to share some hands I played , especially some I am clueless how to play in general.
I start with TT, when overcards flop.
How to play turn and river when you feel you get called down like here:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero bets, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (7 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results:
Hero shows Th Ts (one pair, tens).
Button shows 9s Ad (two pair, aces and nines).
Outcome: Button wins 9 BB.

I was relative new on the table and didn't have any reads so far.
I felt I was beaten, but kept on betting.
Should I have switched to check/fold on turn or river?
If I knew I had a passive opponent, how to play it then?

Maybe some experts here could have a look at my PT stats. Is there a way to export the needed data in txt format?
Thanks in advance...

BookOfIcculus
04-17-2004, 06:10 PM
Well, I'm no expert but I'd try to buy the flop but give up on the turn.

Azhrarn
04-17-2004, 07:42 PM
In general, you should be careful when there are multiple overcards to your pocket pair on the board. In this case, since the button called two cold before the flop, and then called the flop, I think you can check/fold the turn. But I don't think it's a huge mistake to keep betting your pair when no one's playing back at you.

P.S. I'm not an expert, but your stats are only part of the story. Posting some hands would be better. Do a search if you want to see some of the regulars' PT stats, there have been threads about them.