PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity WPT - why did the players have to deal?

sucka
04-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Anyone know? I saw this a few weeks ago, but was talking to someone today about it and we couldn't figure out why they had dealers but the players were actually dealing the flops, etc... and the dealers were simply keeping up with the pots and arranging the boards.

TomCollins
04-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Maybe the title "Hollywood Home Game" was supposed to make it feel like it was dealt in their living room. I guess having the dealer keeps them from looking dumber than they are at poker.

astroglide
04-17-2004, 03:36 PM
probably so that the dealer button wouldn't confuse people

Army Eye
04-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Just so it's more like a friendly home game. But they should play at a smaller table if they're going to do it that way.

MicroBob
04-17-2004, 11:20 PM
"I guess having the dealer keeps them from looking dumber than they are at poker. "

yes....but that is counter-balanced by the fact that making them deal makes them look even stupider.

eastbay
04-18-2004, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know? I saw this a few weeks ago, but was talking to someone today about it and we couldn't figure out why they had dealers but the players were actually dealing the flops, etc... and the dealers were simply keeping up with the pots and arranging the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the women will lean over, making for better cleavage shots.

eastbay