PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill 2

Punker
04-17-2004, 10:03 AM
Whatever you thought of KB1, you will probably think the opposite of KB2. I didn't like 2 at all.

HDPM
04-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Not me. I loved KB1. And I really liked KB2. They are different movies, but both are good. My initial reaction was that I liked KB1 more, as is most people's. But 2 may be better in some respects, although less immediately enjoyable perhaps. And a lot of tarantinos funny and cool ideas were showcased a little better in 1. Uma was better in KB2 IMO because the role called for more. I think part of the problem is that they came out as separate movies. If they could have released it as one really long movie with an intermission, I think it would have gone together better. I watched KB1 again on DVD weds and then saw 2 last night. But that doesn't do it. Seeing them at the same time, together, on the screen would have been great. They could have edited a little to shorten it up some maybe. Unfortunately, people don't want a 4 hour movie with intermission. If they would have released it as one movie, I don't think the disappointment/criticism I have heard of 2 would be there.

Bill Murphy
04-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Jesus, it sucks. People give lots of long speeches like the "Yea, tho I walk.." bit from Pulp Fiction, and Uma kills everybody and lives happily ever after.

OOPS, guess I should've put a SPOILER in there somewhere.

I really liked Vol 1 except for the long drawn out fight scene at the club, but this was real weak. But, QT is Miramax's fair-haired boy and will always have final cut, so there you go. I still say both Jackie Brown & True Romance are the best things he's done. Pulp is and always will be Pulp, but it doesn't hold up well to repeated viewings.

Agree w/HDPM, Uma was fantastic. Back on the A-list defo. She's certainly a better actress than Julia or Demi ever thought about being.

El Barto
04-18-2004, 06:02 AM
Jackie Brown is definately his best movie ever.
If you haven't seen it, rent it now.

Clarkmeister
04-18-2004, 06:47 AM
" (Pulp) doesn't hold up well to repeated viewings."

I'd have to agree. After about the 549th time I saw it, the movie started to lose its luster. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I thought KB2 was excellent. I find it amusing that the critics blasted KB1 for not enough emotion and explaination, yet they are bashing KB2 for not enough action.

Wanted more Pai Mei, could have done without the Mexican Bordello scene or the scene with Budd in the strip club, but the ending was perfect. Carradine really did a great job. The fight with Elle had a fabulous conclusion. More of the Tarrantino dialogue which was lacking in KB1. Good stuff.

Cyrus
04-18-2004, 09:12 AM
"Pulp is and always will be Pulp, but it doesn't hold up well to repeated viewings."

Damn right. After two hundred times it starts to get old.

"Kill Bill 2 blowed"

QT said that KB is the movie that the characters in Pulp would see if they were to go see a movie. So you are not a Pulp character.

youtalkfunny
04-19-2004, 02:36 AM
Looks like most of us agree: Lose the Mexican bordello scene (which, frankly, sticks out like a sore thumb--and I couldn't understand a word that guy said), the Budd-at-the-strip-club scene, and most of all, the extended wedding rehearsal scene (if you need to show "Arlene" trying to live a normal life, you can do better than this)....

You'd have ONE great movie.

Vol 2 comments, no spoilers:

--Darryl Hannah is freaking HOT! Like to see her star in an action flick.

--Pei Mei rules!

--Someone needs to invent a home-editing-board, so we can all arrange this into the film that we'd like.

Eihli
04-19-2004, 03:13 AM
i hate kill bill for 1 reason. ever since i watched it, i can't watch any other movie because i get pissed off at how much it sucks, and i end up turning it off. my entire movie-watching experience is now dead because of kill bill. volume 1 is my favorite movie of all time. volume 2 is somewhere in the top 5. when volume 1 and 2 are re-edited and re-released as one movie, it will be the greatest movie ever made.

Zeno
04-19-2004, 11:44 AM
KB2- is a good movie. For some odd reason I find that I agree with Clark that the titty bar and the old mex pimp sequences are weak. They seemed a bit disjointed or added as afterthoughts, sort of not seeing eyeball to eyeball with the rest of the movie, as it were. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

KB1 also had some defects- some of the fight sequences were too overdone and overdrawn, IMO. Just minor quibbles. I thoroughly enjoyed both movies.

Both Carradine and Uma were Superb.

-Zeno