PDA

View Full Version : Value bet the river?

bakku
04-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)
no read on CO obviously

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between Hero and CO.</font>

With no read on the CO should I have bet the river for value? I didn't want to have to fold to a raise without a read on him first. Is my thinking too weak?

colgin
04-17-2004, 11:45 AM
I like the way you played the river. Even at Party, where people will call with virtually anything, I am not sure that in this heads-up situation a worse hand will necessarily call a river bet where you have been leading out the whole way. I think you are better off trying to get a worse hand to bluff at the pot here.

Also, I would just call with pocket Nines in EP, although some others here would probably tell you otherwise.

Best of luck.

Colgin

bakku
04-17-2004, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I would just call with pocket Nines in EP, although some others here would probably tell you otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table I was at was surprisingly tight and a bit weak, there were many HU/3-way pots. I think open raising with pocket nines in this situation isn't too bad a move, thoughts?

Thanks for the response

bakku
04-17-2004, 06:26 PM
CO shows me pocket sixes and MHIG