PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi WMDs soon to be discovered in Iraq (or elsewhere)

Cyrus
04-17-2004, 06:52 AM
OK so it has been established that there were no WMDs in Iraq. That doesn't mean that WMDs still can't be made there !

Or somewhere else, nearer you.

Here is the somewhat chilling warning from the International Atomic Energy Agency:

[ QUOTE ]
"...Arms control officials now worry [that] the war and its chaotic aftermath may have increased chances that terrorists could get their hands on materials used for unconventional weapons or that civilians may be unknowingly exposed to radioactive materials. According to [IAEA's] letter, satellite imagery shows "extensive removal of equipment and in some instances, removal of entire buildings," in Iraq."

[/ QUOTE ]

CNN Report (http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/04/16/iraq.nuclear.ap/index.html)

crockb00n
04-17-2004, 07:28 AM
that news will please dubya

MMMMMM
04-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Just before the war, large convoys were seen leaving Iraq and heading into Syria. We still don't know what those convoys were transporting. Bet it's about 50/50 that DEBKAfile was right and some Iraqi WMD's, or at least Iraqi WMD components, are buried in the Bekaa valley.

sam h
04-18-2004, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
extensive removal of equipment and in some instances, removal of entire buildings

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering where those swarthy looking types putting up that pre-fab house on my block got their building materials.

Chris Alger
04-18-2004, 04:00 AM
Debka has been beating this drum for over a year but no one outside of the "let's kill more Arabs" crowd believes it.

The Debka claim assumes that Israel has perfect intelligence of WMD going to Syria, that all of this has been shared with the U.S. government, but that the White House inexplicably refuses to believe it. Don’t you find that ridiculous?

Debka is a web-based Mossad propaganda and disinformation conduit. Run out of a Jerusalem apartment, it has almost no staff, brags of its intelligence community contacts, obviously has access to expert intelligence, yet produces a constant stream of minutely detailed hyper-bullshit that’s routinely proven false (e.g., the Iraqi high command all fled to Syria at the outbreak of the war). It particularly targets Syria, against whom, together with much of the U.S. and Israeli right, Debka obviously hopes the U.S. will commit its next act of Middle East aggression.

According to Debka (http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=780 ) (in one of several minutely detail reports about the location of Iraqi WMD in Syria (such as the precise locations dimensions of the holes containing them), "US administration and its intelligence agencies, as well as Dr Kay, were all provided with Syrian maps marked with the coordinates of the secret weapons storage sites." Maps with coordinates! Iraqi WMD found! Praise God for this gift of poltical miracle to the Bush Administration!

Except U.S. officials deny it. Even the Christian-right whacko WorldNet Daily (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36844) WorldNet Daily, while promoting the claim, had to concede in the last paragraph that Powell and Rice don't buy it: <ul type="square">So far, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and Secretary of State Colin Powell have rejected the prospect that Iraqi biological and chemical weapons or missiles were sent to Syria. They echoed U.S. assessments that Saddam would not have trusted Assad with Iraq's missile and WMD assets.

"I have seen no hard evidence to suggest that is the case, that suddenly there were no weapons found in Iraq because they were all in Syria," Powell said. "I don't know why the Syrians would do that, frankly, why it would be in their interest. They didn't have that kind of relationship with Iraq.” [/list]

jdl22
04-18-2004, 04:10 AM
Not specifically related to your thread but to its title. The biggest surprise for me and several others about the war was that we didn't find any WMD whether they were there or not. I expected to have debates with my grandchildren (I'm 24 w/ no kids) over whether or not we planted WMD evidence or found actual weapons of the Hussein regime, just like I have debated with my grandparents whether or not the Japanese "got what they deserved" (in Hiroshima and Nagasaki) because of what they did in Pearl Harbor as they contend.

craig r
04-18-2004, 04:29 AM
being the gambler that i am i am willing to take that 50/50 proposition on the "no wmd" side. of course i would be willing to lay all the way up to -180 on that as well. so, i think i have an overlay. of course, in a corollary bet, i think the prop. "if iraq does have WMD's how did the U.S. know: -275 we sold them to iraq within the last 20 years +250 field /images/graemlins/cool.gif

craig

MMMMMM
04-18-2004, 12:03 PM
OK, I'll lower my estimate from 50/50 to 25/75.