PDA

View Full Version : "Passive" isn't the word for it...

MasterShakes
04-16-2004, 09:53 PM
...there simply must be a stronger word than "passive" for this kind of play. I know there must be fear of a 4 or a flush, but my god... it's the best hand in the game.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Cracked Out Cowboy is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Cracked Out Cowboy raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Cracked Out Cowboy bets, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+1 bets, Cracked Out Cowboy raises, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Cracked Out Cowboy checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows As Ac (three of a kind, aces).
UTG+1 shows 6d 6h (one pair, sixes).
Cracked Out Cowboy shows Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 11 BB. </font>

Trix
04-16-2004, 09:56 PM
What makes you think that you dont have a valuebet on the river ?

MasterShakes
04-16-2004, 09:59 PM
What scared me was the willingness to bet into me on the turn and then for both players to call my raise. I know online reads are often worthless, but there was also hesitation from both of them when they checked to me. When the flush, straight and overcard all hit clearly on the river with two people who appeared to be drawing, I think I'm going to be check-raised.

Trix
04-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Makes sense I guess.
The turn cold-call followed by a flush card isnīt great either.

SofaCoach
04-16-2004, 10:22 PM
You've gotta thank the guy for the load of cash he saved you. Between the two of you the betting should have been capped PF and after the flop...at least.