PDA

View Full Version : too loose with suited connecters in LP on 1-2? Is it possible?

Dylan Wade
04-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I sort of think I'm getting out of hand with suited connectors in LP. I'm playing some 1/2 on three party tables right now. My pre-flop % seen is pretty high.. I'll call or raise in LP with just about any suited one or two gappers. 58s 69s 78s you name it. But only in LP after some loose limpers. What do you think? 58s fair game?

I think I play extraordinarily better than these guys post flop, so I'm figuring having a higher %PF isn't too big of a deal. I'd love to fight them post flop.

T5off
04-16-2004, 09:12 PM
58s and 69s are definitely too weak for me to play! But yes, 67s I play (if it's not raised and I'm not first one in). 68s I only play when going on tilt /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BigEndian
04-16-2004, 09:34 PM
I think this is a long-term losing proposition. Do you use PokerTracker?

- Jim

sthief09
04-16-2004, 11:09 PM
The way I look at suited connectors (0-gaps and 1-gaps) is I need an excuse to call them. That means I either need to ahve the button or have a lot of limpers to me. People always group pairs, suited aces, and suited connectors, but the first 2 are MUCH stronger than suited connectors. They are fun hands to play but they just don't win much money except in very specific situations.

sfer
04-17-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't touch suited 2-gappers unless they're Broadway cards. I don't think the others have enough showdown value to raise late after a weak limper. They're implied odds cards and you want lots of callers. I regularly fold them late unless I have 3 limpers and/or loose blinds.