PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Jungle.

FletchJr.
04-16-2004, 08:37 PM
Scary river card, still value bet or what?
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
Hero checks, BB bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero raises, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero bets, BB calls, MP2 raises, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 7c 7s (three of a kind, sevens).
BB shows Ts Js (two pair, jacks and tens).
MP2 shows 4s 5h (straight, seven high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 15 BB. </font>

sthief09
04-16-2004, 08:48 PM
Wait, so after the flop got checked through, you thought it would be a good idea to check-raise the turn? I don't 3-bet the river. Calling gets you an overcall and doesn't get you capped if your opponent has a flush.

FletchJr.
04-16-2004, 09:02 PM
yea, i thought someone was going to bet the turn even tho the flop got checked through. I was at a fairly aggressive table and the board was fairly textured so I figured someone would bet, so i went for the c/r.
I agree with the overcall=same $ as 3 bet when ahead, and you lose more if your behind. but i was actually talking about just flat out check/calling the river. i know you got a set, but if they were chasing which i thought that one guy was wouldn't it be best to just check/call or bet/fold if he all of a sudden became active. I actually thought out in my head:
*that card beats me, oh well,I can just hear Ulysses [ QUOTE ]
"You have a set, bet it"

[/ QUOTE ]
better value bet or the boys are going to be angry at me*. lol

T5off
04-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Well..I don't know. MP2 has been check-calling all the way, that does smell like a draw. I'd think you have the BB beat, but MP2 might have gotten the flush with the river card. Bad luck you don't have position, I'd check: I give it more than 50% chance he made his draw, so I'd check. I think if you bet, you always will get called by the BB, and by MP2 only if he beats you. So, in less than 50% you make one extra BB, in more than 50% you lose one extra BB (since you will of course call MP2's bet).

FletchJr.
04-16-2004, 09:29 PM
the more i look at this hand, the more i think i should value bet the river, there's all sorts of fish online that call to gutshots on the river. also he could just be calling with 2 pair.*which i have seen online aswell. i've had hands where i have QKS flop comes soemthing like k27 and i bet and get called all the way just to see K2s. lol

sthief09
04-16-2004, 10:29 PM
yeah, you have to bet the river. there's no question at all.