PDA

View Full Version : Eric Lindros up for review

sublime
04-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Do I bet this flop? I got skeeeerrrrreeeedddd /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13.25 BB, between Hero, MP3 and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (13.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 9c 8c (flush, king high).
Hero shows 8h 8d (two pair, aces and eights).
MP3 shows Kd Qh (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: BB wins 13.25 BB. </font>

I feel I made a grave mistake /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thrillhouse
04-16-2004, 06:16 PM
I know I would give up on this hand once I saw the flop. I really don't think it's worth chancing someone slowplaying the Ace or someone afraid to bet the queen on the flop. I'd say fold on the turn bet.
-Thrillho

thirddan
04-16-2004, 06:43 PM
if you are gonna bet into the board, you need to do it on the flop when its cheap, you could spend 1SB to find out if your hand is good and possibly take the pot...the way you played it you are letting players with 9T or overcards have a free chance to outdraw as well as letting straight/flush draws have a chance...raising the turn is not good in my opinion, its possible that an A would be slowplayed and someone with a Q would want to wait to see the action...fold to the turn bet, raising here is terrible since what worse hand will call and you have little chance to steal if you are up against a Q/A/flush draw...calling this river is also very bad in my opinion, wehould someone bluff you after you raised him on the turn?

sublime
04-16-2004, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if you are gonna bet into the board, you need to do it on the flop when its cheap, you could spend 1SB to find out if your hand is good and possibly take the pot...the way you played it you are letting players with 9T or overcards have a free chance to outdraw as well as letting straight/flush draws have a chance...raising the turn is not good in my opinion, its possible that an A would be slowplayed and someone with a Q would want to wait to see the action...fold to the turn bet, raising here is terrible since what worse hand will call and you have little chance to steal if you are up against a Q/A/flush draw...calling this river is also very bad in my opinion, wehould someone bluff you after you raised him on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I played this hand poorly. I just wasn;t sure how poorly.

Thanks
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SofaCoach
04-16-2004, 10:40 PM
Dunno if this is right or not, but having raised PF (which I too would have done) I would bet the flop and try to take the pot right there. I'd fold to a raise and check-fold the turn.

Still a newbie though. Is this flawed thinking?

sublime
04-16-2004, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still a newbie though. Is this flawed thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your thinking is flawed, than mine was clinically insane..:)

Good read /images/graemlins/smile.gif

StellarWind
04-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Just because you raised the flop does not mean you owe anyone anything. This is a disaster flop out-of-position against three opponents. There is little chance you are ahead, little chance to improve, good chances for your opponents to improve, and no one will fold a hand that beats you.

Check-fold the flop, be glad for the free card, and fold the turn.

I like BB's turn bet. The chance of his being raised is about nil* and he gets a free swing at the unwanted pot. Much better way to play the flush draw than checking and calling the inevitable bet.

* Or so I would have thought ... /images/graemlins/blush.gif.

cold_cash
04-17-2004, 04:17 AM
It's also possible the BB has an Ace and whiffed on a check-raise.

I think if I was last to act and everyone checked to me I'd bet this flop. (Maybe even in the cutoff.) Since you weren't it makes the bet a little more dubious. If someone behind you calls, you won't likely be able to check the turn through, and you can't feel too confident you have the best hand.

If you're at a table where anyone with a Queen is going to hold onto it like grim death, I wouldn't put any more money in at all, however. If that's the case, you just end up betting his hand for him.

It's late.. I hope I made a little sense.