PDA

View Full Version : 10 Players To The Flop

Chris Daddy Cool
04-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Paradise 1/2
This table was fairly new, so there were 3 blind posts on this hand.

4 limpers in with 3 posters and I'm on the button with J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I call, and I don't even think it's close. SB completes. BB raises. Everybody calls. TEN PLAYERS TO THE FLOP!

FLOP: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets. 4 callers. I raise. BB 3bets. The 4 callers between call. I cap.

TURN: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets. 3 call. I raise. They all call.

RIVER: 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checked to me. I bet. BB calls. 2 drop out. Then LP1 raises. BB folds. I call.

RESULTS IN WHITE:
<font color="white">
LP1 shows 4c 5c
I show Jd 4d and MHIG
</font>

What do you guys think? Many of you will probably hate the preflop call, but I think it was an easy call. And it was mandatory to call the raise. What do you think of the turn raise? Too agressive? Anyone think I should have 3bet the river?

JDErickson
04-16-2004, 02:46 PM
Were the blinds likely to raise? If so I think I would have dumped it PF. If not then I don't see anything terribly wrong with this call. You must be able to play it well after the flop though.

Jim

Jezebel
04-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Nice hand.

You can raise that turn for value, so no it was not too aggressive.

sfer
04-16-2004, 02:55 PM
What's that, like 37 BBs? Preflop limp is fine--you're getting 9 to 1. Flop is good. Turn, I just call. You want to see the river cheap. River good. Nice hand.

Zetack
04-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I'm not wild about coming in Pf but since there's a decent chance I'd complete from the Sb with the same odds, I can't get too snippy about it.

The turn raise is good, although I'd hate to see the BB make it three to go. However my sense is, that you have 14 outs (although with this many players I'd be a little worried about one of them making a better two pair)--any diamond, 4, or jack. So getting more money in the pot with four opponents is good.

Perfect example of pumping a flush draw--even if I'd rather pump it this hard with the nut or second nut draw.

Nicely played.

--Zetack

Chris Daddy Cool
04-16-2004, 03:07 PM
I don't wanna do all the counting, but yea, the pot was huge.

I'm still getting about even if not positive value on the turn raise, I think.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-16-2004, 03:10 PM
BB later says he had AA. Would you guys have folded to LP1's checkraise for one more bet on the river with this large of a pot in this situation?

sfer
04-16-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are if the BB doesn't 3-bet and force 1 fold. The risk of a 3-bet is why I don't recommend raising the turn.

sfer
04-16-2004, 03:14 PM
Absolutely not. He has to be good only 1 in like 45 times to be profitable. I'd call with a lousy pair of 5s there. I think it's much more likely that the BB had AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Zetack
04-16-2004, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are if the BB doesn't 3-bet and force 1 fold. The risk of a 3-bet is why I don't recommend raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but unless the BB hit a set I don't see him three betting here...

spamuell
04-16-2004, 03:17 PM
BB later says he had AA. Would you guys have folded to LP1's checkraise for one more bet on the river with this large of a pot in this situation?

Don't be ridiculous. We wouldn't be in this situation, I don't think anyone on here would have played AA that badly (not raising pre-flop with 9 callers and hoping for a limp reraise actually makes me cringe).

I don't think any of us would be folding the river either.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-16-2004, 03:21 PM
If he had AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif that would really suck for me if the diamond came huh?

Actually I don't think he had AK, as later on in this table I never once saw him ram and jam any draw.

Chris Daddy Cool
04-16-2004, 03:23 PM
Actually, my posts says BB raised preflop.