PDA

View Full Version : Overcards vs. Calling station.... Bet the flop?

jacki
04-16-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm torn over what to do with big overcards on a raggy flop. I feel like it should be an auto-bet on the flop, but I checked through this time? Good idea sometimes, or no?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB <font color="purple">(Calling Station)</font> calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Calling Station checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Calling Station checks, Hero bets, Calling Station calls.

River: (4.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Calling Station checks, Hero bets, Calling Station calls.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Calling Station shows Ad 3c (one pair, aces).
Hero shows Kc As (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 6.75 BB. </font>

MaxPower
04-16-2004, 01:43 PM
I think you should bet the flop because you probably have the best hand.

Nottom
04-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Against a true calling station I think you should be betting your big unpairs most of the time becasue you usually have the best hand still. I will usually bet the turn as well and then check the river if called and expect to win often enough to make it profitable.

Against some super calling-stations I will even bet the river for value with my nut-no pair. I think my favorite bet like this was with an unimproved QJs on an AKxxx board. I bet he called I won ... go me.