PDA

View Full Version : Comments and Criticisms on 3 hands

DamnRiver
04-16-2004, 11:37 AM
Please help me out with these hands.
Loose/Passive table

Hand 1 - UTG will see the flop with just about anything. The Call/Raise in the PF didn't seem to mean much huh?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, SB folds, UTG folds. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. Hero wins 7 BB. </font>

Hand 2: Would waiting to raise until the Turn been advisable?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 bets, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero raises, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (8.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

River: (10.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP1 checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.75 BB, between MP1 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (12.75 BB).</font>

MP1 shows Qd 7h (two pair, queens and fives).
Hero shows Qs Ks (two pair, queens and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.75 BB. </font>

Hand 3: Different Table, VERY loose. 2 questions here. Should I have called the PF raise in a very loose game? And comments about UTG+1's play.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

River: (12 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14 BB, between Hero and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (14 BB).</font>

Hero shows Ad 7h (full house, sevens full of aces).
UTG+1 shows Ks Kd (two pair, kings and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins 14 BB. </font>

JDErickson
04-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Hand 1 and 2: ok

Hand 3: Muck preflop. You found out why. You got lucky on this hand

MaxPower
04-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Hand 1 - You don't want to give a free card. Just bet and you will get called most of the time.

Hand 2 - Very good

Hand 3 - Absolutely awful pre-flop. Your problem was not calling the raise, but limping in UTG in the first place. In fact, you should not be playing that hand at all in any postion for any number of bets (with the exception of the Blinds when). I don't care how loose the game is. Your post-flop play on this hand wasn't great either. Sorry, I try to be nice to new posters, but its clear you need to learn some pre-flop strategy.

Welcome to the forum.

Nottom
04-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Hand 1: I'd just call the limp-reraise preflop unless UTG has been doing this with crap on a regular basis.

Hand 2: Straight foward play is usually gonna win you the most money in these games, no need to get tricky in this spot. You played this one fine.

Hand 3: After limping in, you have to call the raise closing the action after a slew of coldcallers.
You got greedy on the turn and gave an ugly free card while missing a bunch of bets. Checking here with 5 players in the pot after showing the last aggression is a big mistake.

EDIT: I thought your A7 was suited when I first responded. A7o is trash and you should have never been in this hand.

DamnRiver
04-16-2004, 11:59 AM
Criticisms noted and appreciated. Can you expand your post-flop criticism?

Thanks!

MaxPower
04-16-2004, 12:04 PM
Like Nottom said you should just bet the turn. You've got a lot of people who want to pay you off - let them.

k000k
04-16-2004, 12:21 PM
H1: I dont think it's unreasonable to assume that SOME players will stay in for one bet after capping PF. I guess nobody else had aces, it's pretty obvious you have a big one. Taking that pot right there isn't bad,

H2: Top pair with a good kicker, I'd raise that too.. The turn, you get a flush draw on top of it, I'd bet or raise when it gets to me. On the riv, get your last bet.. nicely played.

H3: I wouldn't call it PF, but if I did, I'd play it the same way, except I'd probably bet the turn too. Nobody's telling you to slow down here.