PDA

View Full Version : ALL NEW !!! Funny thing I heard in a cradroom.

TJSWAN
04-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Last night at Artichoke Joe's while I'm sitting in the 2 seat the 3 seat asks what time it is.

" 8:20 " I reply.

He says " Shoot I have to go do my taxes ", played till his Big Blind and left.

Tim

andyfox
04-16-2004, 12:04 PM
I played yesterday and about 4:00 a guy gets a call on his cell; he listens attentively and then says, "No, that's not deductible, you need to get a special form, meet me at my office at 8:30."

J.A.Sucker
04-16-2004, 12:13 PM
He probably played the remaining 4 hours just to incur some extra losses to offset his winnings from the racetrack.

TJSWAN
04-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Andy,

That's a lot of distance for my guy to cover in ten minutes . /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim

Toro
04-16-2004, 01:10 PM
I love these "funny thing" threads. Mine isn't tax related at all but I thought it was real funny. This occurred at Foxwoods last Tuesday night during the NLHE Tourney.

Player A raises 4 times the BB from UTG. Folded to Player B in the BB and he calls without any hesitation. The flop comes 2,4,5. Player B checks, player A bets all-in and Player B calls.

As they are turning their hands face up, Player B says to Player A "you're in real tough shape" and turns up A,3o. Player A turns up KK. Player A is real disgusted and says "I didn't think you would play such garbage" and he's getting up to leave Player B responds "Well, now you know".

Ok, ok it doesn't sound that funny as it's written, I guess you had to be there.

M2d
04-16-2004, 01:15 PM
I played online the other night (25 nl), and found myself with K4 suited in the BB. guy in later position calls after a bunch of other callers. flop comes K42. I bet the pot, and he raises all in (about the size of my bet. I call and he turns over K4o. turn and river give him a runner runner flush to his four. Without my saying a thing he writes
"well, you played K4 too."

J.A.Sucker
04-16-2004, 03:20 PM
When Ray was in town, there were two funny things that we heard:

1. (live one) "Ray, you play so boring, just like the book."

(Zee) "Well, I hope so, I WROTE the book."

2. We were playing 5-5 NL and I had two stacks of 20 dollar chips and a few stacks of reds. I also had 4 100's on top of my stack. This filipino guy and I are in a pot and he starts screaming something. I can't really understand what he's saying, so I stare blankly. He keeps saying the same thing, and for the life of me, it sounds really obscene, but I wasn't sure. Finally, Zee says it out loud, echoing what I was thinking the dude was saying, too "NO BOMBIN' THE PUSSIES!!! What the hell do you mean by that?!?"

The dude looks completely perplexed, and says, "No... not PUSSIES, BUSHES!" He slows down a little bit, and says it three more times. Eventually we understand he was saying "No bombs in the bushes!" in reference to any hidden large valued chips, which I didn't have.

The whole night, and frankly for the rest of the time I'd run into Zee, one of us would say "No bombing the pussies!" I'm laughing just thinking about it.

onegymrat
04-16-2004, 05:23 PM
Off-tax funny

A chip runner walked by and picked up some prescription glasses from under my chair and asked me if they were mine. I told him no, and then nudged the player to my right and asked him if they were his glasses. He takes the glasses from the chip runner, puts them on, looks up, down and all around, then handed them back and said no. He then continued playing the hand he was in. The chip runner and I just busted up after that.