PDA

View Full Version : WSOP qualifier hand

Inthacup
04-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Hi all, I don't play much NL but I won a SNG qualifier for last night's 300+25 WSOP qualifier.

We were down to 200 out of 500. The blinds were 50-100 and I have 990 chips. The avg. stack is around 2k. I hadn't played anything in about 5 orbits.

I'm in MP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG raises to T-200(2x the BB), UTG+2 3-bets to T-300(is this limit?) and the action is to me. A little background on these players: UTG seems to be a pretty normal player. He's not going to raise UTG with junk, but I think he'd have raised more with a big pocket pair. UTG+2 has been impossible to read. He's been making very strange raises and reraises with everything from Axun to hands like 6 8un. His 3-bet means very little to me.

So, given the action, it's T-300 to me and I have T-990, what's my play? Thanks.

Cup

La Brujita
04-16-2004, 11:09 AM
That is a very odd sequence of bets. You basically have two choices, push or fold given your stack size. If you don't think UTG has a big pocket pair I would push here.

Also, fwiw they split the forums into one tablers and multis. Not a big deal.

Inthacup
04-16-2004, 11:53 AM
ooops. I clicked on the wrong one when posting this. Sorry.

Cup