PDA

View Full Version : Learn to Let Go...Cuz I Need To...

thirddan
04-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15 BB, between MP2 and MP3.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (15 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
MP2 shows Ad Ah (flush, ace high).
MP3 shows Kc Qc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: MP2 wins 15 BB. </font>

Comments??

sublime
04-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Tough, up against an AA limper and a four flush flop.

Its easy to sit here in retrospect and say "wellll.." but I think it was played fine. I imagine some will say a turn fold would have been more fitting.

Zetack
04-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Cap the flop and bet out the turn...the action doesn't look like a flush draw to me so I'm not scared on the turn, but if I'm raised on the turn after capping the flop I start thinking two pair or set and go into call down mode...until the fourth suited card hits on the river--against one opponent, maybe call again, against two probably time to dump at that point.

--Zetack

MaxPower
04-16-2004, 09:57 AM
I think you folded at exactly the right time.

StellarWind
04-16-2004, 01:55 PM
I think the flop action will usually mean at least one flush or straight draw. Accordingly: 1) cap the flop 2) check-call the turn and 3) fold the river.

Take a lesson from MP2 and have the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif next time /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

DoctorDrew
04-16-2004, 02:03 PM
I would have capped the flop and bet out the turn, but that's just me. I don't think there is anything wrong the way it was played. (Except for MP3 and his bizarre love of cowboys that Freud could have a field day with)