PDA

View Full Version : Kind of interesting hand

Ulysses
04-16-2004, 03:16 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: akshawnd is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(Aggro Moron)</font> raises, MP calls, Button folds, SB folds, akshawnd calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
akshawnd checks, Aggro Moron bets, MP calls, akshawnd calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
akshawnd checks, Aggro Moron bets, MP raises, akshawnd 3-bets, Aggro Moron folds, MP caps, akshawnd calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
akshawnd bets, MP calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
akshawnd shows Th 9h (straight, ten high).
MP shows 8h Qd (three of a kind, eights).
Outcome: akshawnd wins 15.75 BB. </font>

stripsqueez
04-16-2004, 06:49 AM
kind of interesting that you didnt cap the turn or check raise the river

one issue with capping the turn is that you dont get to see a 5 bet and a better hand will raise the river bet - thats why you might check raise the river - why not either ? - fear that he feared the flush ? - if this is right its all too fancy for my liking

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

stripsqueez
04-16-2004, 07:29 AM
oops - mis-read the post...

its the drugs - fear that he feared the flush still makes some sense though

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Ulysses
04-16-2004, 01:08 PM
I think the river decision was kind of interesting.

When he capped the turn, I had to give some consideration to a full house. But he did too. So, here's what I thought.

If he has a small straight, he'll often raise the river and I call. Two bets.

If he has just an 8, if I check, he might check behind fearing the straight, flush, and full house after all that action. He may even check behind a small straight. No bets would suck hard.

If he has a full house and I checkraise, he'll 3-bet and of course I'll call. Losing three bets would suck.

In general, I figured I can't get three bets in by checkraising if I'm ahead. The best I do if I'm ahead by checkraising is two bets. But I can guarantee one bet and still get two bets a lot of the time w/ no risk of paying off three w/ the worst hand if I just bet out.

I'm not sure how much sense that all makes, but after all that.....

Bet or checkraise the river?

Your Mom
04-16-2004, 01:35 PM
For the reasons you mentioned, I like betting here U. If 3 bets go in, you are losing damn near every time. If 2 bets go in, you are still probably a small favorite. If 1 bet goes in, you win. But if 0 bets go in, you'll kick yourself.