PDA

View Full Version : commentary from a different angle

jdl22
04-15-2004, 11:51 PM
I'm starting this thread based on one of mine in the NL/PL forum where I made what I believed to be a bad play and fortunately was helped by a completely mind boggling and yet not too surprising play. The reason it's not surprising is that it was Wednesday. As we all know WPT Wednesday is the best day to play because the fish love to immitate their television counterparts. This is more exaggerated in NL.

As for a reason I think that much can be attributed to our good friend Vince. Here's why:
- he drools all over the good bluffs. The word unbelievable is thrown around every time. People not understanding the thought process love to splash their chips around pulling off some unbelievable bluffs of their own.
- he says things like "X has a real hand" when he has pocket 5's or A8o
- insert your reason here

Beyond the commentary I think an important thing is that the tournament we see is always short handed and there are always some short stacks which leads to very aggressive plays. Sure a player getting ready to be blinded out going in with some hand like Q8o might be a good idea and it might be a good idea for the guy with j9s to call him, but people watching and then logging on to Party (or both at the same time) seem to think that a tournament final table and a ring game are similar and they can pull off such great plays.

Either way it's fantastic for us. Turns plays that look terrible into plays that were perfect according to the FTOP.