PDA

View Full Version : When do you stop pumping the big pair?

slogger
04-15-2004, 07:08 PM
Live 4-8, 10-handed, Hero is UTG+2.

UTG open limps, UTG+1 folds, HERO (red Kings) raises, MP (somewhat loose older gentleman who's shown down 1 or 2 bizarre hands in the past couple hours) calls, LMP 3-bets, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, HERO caps, all remaining call.

Flop (5 players, 21.5 SB): 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG checks, HERO bets, MP raises, LMP coldcalls, Button folds, UTG folds, HERO 3-bets, MP caps, LMP calls, Hero calls.

Anybody just call the MP flop raise? If so, why - what's your intention if a blank hits the turn?

Turn (heads up, 16.75 BB): 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

HERO's move?

What HERO did and results in white below:

<font color="white"> HERO check-called a bet from MP on both remaining streets (River was a blank), as did LMP and MP showed 64o for the flopped straight. FWIW, LMP never showed, but anyone think my hand was actually third best? </font>

On second thought, I don't think this is a very interesting hand, but now that I've spent the time, let's see what you guys think?

bernie
04-16-2004, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP (somewhat loose older gentleman who's shown down 1 or 2 bizarre hands in the past couple hours) calls,

[/ QUOTE ]

This says nothing of his flop bet/raise/cap standards. Watch him closer next time. Loose calls dont always mean loose raises.

b

James Boston
04-16-2004, 01:18 AM
What would he be re-raising you with after all the betting and raising you did? Even poor players get scared with hands like QQ and JJ. To comment on what another poster said, loose callers are just that...callers. If they repeatedly show strength in their hand, they've probably got the goods.

ResidentParanoid
04-16-2004, 09:27 AM
The cap on the turn from MP says you are likely to be way behind. If you are going to surrender, it should be on the flop-cap, assuming that MP wouldn't play anything less than a set in this way. Otherwise, your stuck check calling the rest of the way.

sthief09
04-16-2004, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
HERO's move?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's not a maniac, you are drawing thin to dead. I wouldn't consider mucking your kings, but I wouldn't throw in any more chips than you have to. If someone pops it again on the turn, I think I'd just muck.