PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question..

Leave_it_2_Beav
04-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Hola..Can any1 lead me to a thread..or give me some advice. I seem to have a leak in my game lately and it has to do with Ax's and Kx's. I have been playing these only from late position or the blinds, but have not been close to hitting these as of late. I am thinking about eliminating these hands from my game all together!! They have been costing me some cash, especially when two hits on the flop, then I don't hit the draw. Any comments?? Thanks as always.

_Beav

k000k
04-15-2004, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to have a leak in my game lately and it has to do with Ax's and Kx's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Axs and Kxs are generally hands I only complete the small blind to play. You get outkicked a whole lot more than you make your flush. I got sick of losing to them too so I just dropped em. No regrets,

JDErickson
04-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Heres one

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=631115&page=1&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Heres another

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=628901&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=1&vc=1

Numerous others also. Search for Axs and you will find them.

Axs I normally play if I am fairly sure I can see the flop for 1 bet and there will be 5 others along with me. Usually this means late position or very loose passive table. I will normally limp UTG with Axs if I think I can get in for only 1 bet and get enough limpers.

Kxs I normally only play in Button or blinds in the same loose passive games again with enough limpers.

Jim

SossMan
04-15-2004, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have been costing me some cash, especially when two hits on the flop, then I don't hit the draw. Any comments?? Thanks as always.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not when they're supposed to cost you cash. When two of your suit comes up, it more or less plays itself. It's when you flop the A or the K out of position that it becomes a problem.
But a four flush is nearly always a +ev situation.

-SossMan