PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody play this any different?

B Dids
04-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Dids calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

<font color="green">Thought about raising here... </font>

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dids 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, Dids calls.

<font color="green">I'm thinking that he doesn't have KK or AK what with the limp, so I'm good here </font>

Turn: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Dids calls.

<font color="green">He's going over me again, maybe he's turned a boat or he just limped with a monster </font>

River: (17.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Dids calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 6c Ah (full house, aces full of sixes).
Dids shows As Qh (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins 19.50 BB. </font>

<font color="green">Anything I could have done different, save raise preflop? </font>

spamuell
04-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Raise pre-flop. RAISE PRE-FLOP. RAISE PRE-FLOP! Seriously, dude, raise pre-flop. Your hand is waaaay too good not to and you might get the button by raising.

I'd cap the turn, he probably has a smaller ace. If he bets into you on the river after you capped the turn and the guy between you folds, calling is OK. If they guy between you calls, I'd be tempted to raise getting 2:1 on my money but a 3-bet would make me sick and the person in the middle can't have an ace as well and may fold so I'd probably just call.

B Dids
04-15-2004, 05:24 PM
I'm getting the feeling you wanted me to raise preflop...

I haven't been raising with AT-Qo as much, I think that needs to change.

bisonbison
04-15-2004, 05:30 PM
dids, you thought about raising preflop. Why did you not raise preflop?

We can cure you of it if you explain why you're doing it. Honestly, we all get crazy ideas sometimes. Nothing bad about it.

TheRake
04-15-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't been raising with AT-Qo as much, I think that needs to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

definately....In this particular hand it was even more important to raise because you were in the CO. You want to improve your position and make sure you buy the button. AJo &amp; ATo are conditional raises.

TheRake

sfer
04-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Hey Dids,

Aside from what everyone else is saying--RAISE PREFLOP!--I'd lose another BB on the turn. When he leads the river again I start thinking, "Ruh-roh."

B Dids
04-15-2004, 05:43 PM
I didn't raise because I looked at the number of people, assuming that if I raised most would call, and the notion that was in the head at my time was that that hand wasn't going to play well in a multi-pay raised pot. I'm thinking this was wrong.

Nottom
04-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Raise preflop, the rest looks fine.

JDErickson
04-15-2004, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise because I looked at the number of people, assuming that if I raised most would call

[/ QUOTE ]

AQo 3 handed is much better than AQo 6 handed, which is what your limp allowed.

Oh yah. Raise Preflop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

spamuell
04-15-2004, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't raise because I looked at the number of people, assuming that if I raised most would call, and the notion that was in the head at my time was that that hand wasn't going to play well in a multi-pay raised pot. I'm thinking this was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is sometimes a reasonable line of thought and is outlined in the top few paragraphs of page 159 of HEPFAP21. Read the bottom paragraph though ("double edged sword" one) and you'll realise why it's correct to raise pre-flop here. (I didn't even have to get out my HEPFAP for this - impressed? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

And there's the positional aspect as well.

B Dids
04-15-2004, 08:04 PM
So here's what happened the next
time I got AQo in late postion. Good lay down on my part.

(the rest of the hand is included for the sake of amusement).

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dids is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Dids raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 (poster) 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB <font color="purple">(Ummm?)</font> caps</font>, Dids folds, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Ummm? bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Ummm? 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Ummm? bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Ummm? bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Ummm? shows 7d 9h (two pair, nines and eights).
MP2 shows Qd Qc (two pair, queens and eights).
Outcome: MP2 wins 12.25 BB. </font>