PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in my 1st 5 hands?

TheRake
04-15-2004, 03:03 PM
If you are then here you go /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: TheRake is MP2 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">TheRake raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">TheRake bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">TheRake bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
TheRake checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, TheRake calls.

Final Pot: 8.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.75 BB, between Button and TheRake.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by TheRake (8.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
TheRake shows 9d 9h (two pair, nines and sevens).
Button shows 3h As (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: TheRake wins 8.75 BB. </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: TheRake is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">TheRake raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">TheRake bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
TheRake checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, TheRake folds.

Final Pot: 5.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.75 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Button.</font>

No showdown. Button wins 5.75 BB. </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: TheRake is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, TheRake calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, TheRake folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.50 BB, won by BB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by BB.</font>

No showdown. BB wins 4 BB. </font>

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: TheRake is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, TheRake completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">TheRake bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">TheRake bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, TheRake calls, MP1 calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
TheRake checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, TheRake calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12 BB, between CO and TheRake.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by CO (12 BB).</font>

CO shows 2s Td (three of a kind, twos).
TheRake shows Ac Qs (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: CO wins 12 BB. </font>

Preflop: TheRake is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, TheRake calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, TheRake calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">TheRake bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.25 BB, won by TheRake.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 0.50 BB, overbet by TheRake.</font>

No showdown. TheRake wins 4.75 BB. </font>

TheRake

MortalNuts
04-15-2004, 03:17 PM
hi --

these all look pretty routine to me, with the exception of the hand where you hold AQo in the SB. I definitely raise PF in that spot.

Also, against some folks I might fire the second barrel on that ATs hand, by betting the turn when it's heads-up. It's pretty tough for him to call in that spot with a lot of hands, and he only has to fold less than a quarter of the time for you to show a profit.

just my 2c.

cheers,

mn

chief444
04-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Looks good to me Rake.

Remind me not to sit at your table! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bisonbison
04-15-2004, 03:29 PM
In any ace games, you should be raising AQo from any position.

TheRake
04-15-2004, 03:33 PM
MN,

[ QUOTE ]
these all look pretty routine to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was the point /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
with the exception of the hand where you hold AQo in the SB. I definitely raise PF in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise about 75% of the time, but I decided to keep the pot small on this one. No one folds with a raise from the blinds, and it just bloats the pot, so it is purely a value bet. Guess I should raise 100% if it is purely value.

Anyone have an opinion on that?

TheRake

MortalNuts
04-15-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, I'm firmly in the "their hands are just too bad for you not to raise" camp. You have such a huge edge here, typically.

oh, and I didn't mean the "routine" thing as a cut, or like a "look at me, I snear at your puny hands" thing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif this idea of posting a few non-extraordinary hands is really a good one, imho.

later,

mn

afs
04-15-2004, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise about 75% of the time, but I decided to keep the pot small on this one. No one folds with a raise from the blinds, and it just bloats the pot, so it is purely a value bet. Guess I should raise 100% if it is purely value.

Anyone have an opinion on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there is that bit about AQo in loose games in hefap. Seems the more players are in, the less likely you'd be to raise from the blinds, though I'm betting you should even w/ a lot of people most of the time. The poster makes the raise more necessary here, imo -- raise for value, _and_ hopefully reduce the field a little bit. Sound about right?

Some routine hands which really _are_. Yeah, I think I'm staying away from yr table as well. Very nice.

kiemo
04-15-2004, 04:17 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=632300&amp;page=1&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1

Raising with AQ can hurt!

But I still do it.

TheRake
04-15-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
oh, and I didn't mean the "routine" thing as a cut, or like a "look at me, I snear at your puny hands" thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...just having some fun /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheRake