PDA

View Full Version : Foxwoods tonight, the final try

ohkanada
04-15-2004, 01:36 PM
Well my near 2 week trip is almost over. I will be going tonight for the final time. I have played everynight except last night.

So far the results are ugly. I have won at 5-10 but lost at 4-8. In 37 hours of play on this trip, I have been dealt AA and KK each 1 time. QQ maybe 2 times. I have also only flopped 1 set.

My plan tonight is to get big hands and win with them all /images/graemlins/smile.gif I am going to stick to 4-8 tonight and will be wearing a longsleeve green shirt and I always have my $2 Canadian coin on my chips. Say hi if you are there.

Ken Poklitar

midas
04-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Ken:

Played Foxwoods 4-8 last night at a wild and very loud table - raising, re-raising and capping just to say cap was the rule not the exception. 3 heavy drinkers (one woman) doing shots of scotch with every waitress pass. I lost every large pocket pair and won with hands like T8o.

Dropped $50 in 6 hrs and ended up getting a room when the table busted at 1:30 am - a great time.

ohkanada
04-15-2004, 02:59 PM
The game on Saturday night and Sunday morning were awesome. 7 or 8 callers pre-flop. Raising wouldn't drop many players at all. Pots were all huge.

Ken Poklitar

wizard_1974
04-15-2004, 09:12 PM
I was at the table next to yours. (between yours and the stud and low limit holdem board) I considered moving to your table since the game seemed good, but I thought the three of them might be a little annoying to play with. The final straw was when too guys at my table had a serious discussion about how sevens and eights were hot on the table and that they should take advantage of that by playing them. I could not leave at that point.

ohkanada
04-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Well the trip is thankfully over. I fly home tonight after almost 2 weeks in RI and 10 times at Foxwoods.

My final night did give me some big pairs. Had AA 2 times and won smallish pots both times. Tried to get cute with KK and didn't re-raise and of course lost to cheesey 2 pair. Finally got another set. Unfortunately this time someone else was rude enough to get a bigger set at the same time.

I did meet Jtrue briefly as I sat down at a 2-4 game for 5 minutes before moving to the 4-8 game.

Ken Poklitar

JTrue
04-16-2004, 09:02 PM
The table I had sat at earlier in the day was loose passive, but a woman sitting next to me took me out. She was on a huge rush and took most of my stack before I got up and left. I won't bore you with my bad beat stories. Glad to hear your last night was pretty good at Foxwoods, I played at the 2-4 table that you sat down at for a hand. I played for around 3 hours and was up $170.00. This table was loose-passive, very soft game. I had played with most of these players the night before and had a pretty good read on most of the players. If I ever got reraised I new I was in trouble, unless I had the nuts. One very memorable hand was when a dealer had dealt me my first card, then dealt me my second card and it flipped up, it was a 10 of spades. He then proceeded to show everyone that card put it in the muck and deal me another card. I was on the button and didn't look at my hand until the action was on me. What a surprise I had pocket 10's. I called and the flop came 5clubs, 10clubs, 4diamonds. I really couldn't believe it, I think its about 47-1 that the card would come on the flop. A guy in the blinds had A K clubs and caught his flush on the river, but this gave me a boat because the turn had been a 3. He couldn't believe it when I showed my hand, either could anyone else. Later.