PDA

View Full Version : Bad play with QQ

CardCuda
04-15-2004, 01:33 PM
An example of "thinking too much on every street" vs. having a plan of attack.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="blue">I put the CO (poster) on the flush draw, he's a regular LAG that I play against often, I figured I'll call the raise and when the heart doesn't hit I'll raise the turn </font> Mistake #1 /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Turn: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

<font color="blue">Hmm an overcard Button called, I wimped and called </font> Mistake #2 /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

River: (13 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>

<font color="blue">The flush got there (I deserve it for my terrible play) I'll pay it off. </font> Mistake #3 /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Wait...back up I hit my set....oops. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Final Pot: 15 BB

<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15 BB, between Hero and CO.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (15 BB).</font>

Flame Away - I'm a wuss! Results later.

Raiser
04-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Not 3-betting the flop made this hand very hard to play. If you 3-bet and he caps then you can check call when the King hits.

Other than that, I'd definitely raise the river. Sure the button is calling all the way with a flush board, but he is just as likely to be chasing a straight.