PDA

View Full Version : Not my standard flop play

Rico Suave
04-15-2004, 11:09 AM
MP1 is pretty tight and not overly aggressive. I have not played with MP3 much, but he has been pretty aggressive from what little I have seen. UTG and BB are pretty loose.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.....

I found it very hard not to raise here. Should I have raised?

--Rico

Clarkmeister
04-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Calling is fine.

beerbandit
04-15-2004, 11:23 AM
I raise---You have the best reads on the players though

TPTK and backdoor flush draw. The flop isn't incredibly frightening for your hand. I think that a raise is needed--your hand should be protected and the raises PF before may be from some overcards or pair. I'm unaware of the players previous actions or what they might raise or 3-bet with. I believe that raising here and forcing them to call two cold is the play. If they coem back at you then call and let them peel the turn card.

rigoletto
04-15-2004, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise---You have the best reads on the players though

TPTK and backdoor flush draw. The flop isn't incredibly frightening for your hand. I think that a raise is needed--your hand should be protected and the raises PF before may be from some overcards or pair. I'm unaware of the players previous actions or what they might raise or 3-bet with. I believe that raising here and forcing them to call two cold is the play. If they coem back at you then call and let them peel the turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]

your hand should be protected From what? He's either way ahead or way behind with little chance to catch up and what cards could possibly hurt him here, an Ace?

jonnyv
04-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Because of the 3 bet before the flop you could be up againts AK Kings , Aces QQ or JJ. I think I would have raised the flop to see how the other two reacted. This would have gained some information. The call is fine to take off another card though.

Clarkmeister
04-15-2004, 12:35 PM
"I think I would have raised the flop to see how the other two reacted. This would have gained some information."

You don't think that with the preflop reraiser and the preflop capper behind you that you won't still get that information?

Tosh
04-15-2004, 12:51 PM
I think this is one of those times that raising accomplishes very little, I play the same so far.

Louie Landale
04-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Free cards are not an issue here. You WANT MP3 with JJ and MP1 with AK to call.

The real issue here is whether or not calling or raising helps you play the rest of the hand with confidence. For example if you 2-bet and MP3 3-bets can you fold on the turn? (if so then raise). If you call MAY they get fiesty but they won't if you raise (then raise). If you flat call and some raising starts can you call it down confidently? (if so then call).

This isn't a "max my EV with the hand" decision; its a "manipulate the opponents" decision.

- Louie

Flail away and pay it off is always a reasonable option when you've got a good hand. Do the above if you are confident you CAN manipulate/read the opponents well.

beerbandit
04-15-2004, 01:22 PM
Is it possible that MP1 3-bets PF with AKo or AKs do you think that he would call two cold on this flop with four players left to act. Where most likely that they would call a single bet. Is this situation impossible?

rigoletto
04-15-2004, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible that MP1 3-bets PF with AKo or AKs do you think that he would call two cold on this flop with four players left to act. Where most likely that they would call a single bet. Is this situation impossible?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you're getting at? Everything is possible!

jonnyv
04-15-2004, 01:40 PM
Good point Clarkmiester. Point well taken!

Rico Suave
04-15-2004, 04:50 PM
The rest of the hand pretty much played itself.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (20.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (12.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (17.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 19.25 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

MHIG and BB had Q5o.

chesspain
04-15-2004, 04:55 PM
Would you ever recommend folding this PF after the cap if Hero's AQ were unsuited?

Clarkmeister
04-15-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you ever recommend folding this PF after the cap if Hero's AQ were unsuited?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd fold it suited if I knew the 3-bettor and capper well enough.