PDA

View Full Version : KTs is killing me

Rico Suave
04-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Both players are extremely loose. Beyond that, I have no other solid info as of yet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, won by SB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by SB.</font>

--Rico

rigoletto
04-15-2004, 11:05 AM
You decide to go all the way on the flop and then you fold to a turn bet? Make up your mind before you 3-bet! The pot is small, so the fold should be considered after the checkraise. If you really want to test him; call and raise him on the turn.

BugsBunny
04-15-2004, 12:42 PM
I ahve to agree with what rigoletto said, although in this case, since it's HU, I would just call the turn and river. The cost to you is the same as raising the turn and getting called, but if he reraises the turn you should probably fold here. By calling you get to see a showdown, and you might still catch a K on the river.

SB may just have a weaker K here. If you were going to fold the time to do it was on the flop.

Rico Suave
04-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey Rigoletto:

[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to test him; call and raise him on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

By 3 betting him on the flop, am I not testing him? Granted, it is not the same, but I think *most* low limit players are not capping this flop without a strong K or a 7. Is my thinking way off here? Instead of trying to figure out where I am, should I have just been resigned to call this down?

I understand that if I intended to fold to a turn bet, I should have just folded to the flop cap..... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

--Rico

Trix
04-15-2004, 05:35 PM
I dont think he have the 7, but a pocket pair, a better king or a flushdraw seems likely.
I dont think I would have 3bet the flop after UTG have coldcalled. It should be for value and I dont think you are ahead often enough.
I would probably just call down or maybe raise him on the turn if a non-diamond fell. If UTG raise SBs bet on the turn I would probably fold, as I think he would have slowplayed a 7.

tripdad
04-15-2004, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.50 BB, won by SB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by SB.</font>

--Rico

[/ QUOTE ]

my biggest question is how did the sb have an overbet unless either you or UTG+1 was all in, in which case there would have been a showdown. what was the outcome of the hand, and who was all in?

cheers!

tripdad
04-15-2004, 06:01 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cheers!

Nottom
04-15-2004, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my biggest question is how did the sb have an overbet unless either you or UTG+1 was all in, in which case there would have been a showdown. what was the outcome of the hand, and who was all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party hand histories show uncalled bets as overbets.

tripdad
04-15-2004, 06:09 PM
it took me a cigarette to figure it out, but hey...i did it!

cheers!

bisonbison
04-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Actually, I show uncalled bets as overbets, and I do it for all the sites. blame me.

tripdad
04-15-2004, 06:16 PM
rico,

the title to your post, "KTs is killing me", is a little telling. this hand should not be played often enough to hurt you. in fact, whenever you play a hand, it should be because it is profitable to play it given the circumstances. in other words, if ANY particular hand is "killing" you, that means you are playing it poorly, or playing it when you shouldn't.

having said that, i think you played this one fine until the 3-bet on the flop. there, i would have just called down.

cheers!