PDA

View Full Version : Turn raises

daiwiza
04-15-2004, 10:26 AM
Hi!

A question about Limit Hold 'Em:

Would you agree the following raises at the turn to be correct (if noone raised at the turn before?)

You have

(1) Nut flush draw and no pair on the board,

(2) Flush draw (not nut and also no pair on the board) and one of your hole cards forms a pair with one of the four cards on the board,

(3) Rainbow board ( and no pair on the board) and open-ended nut-straight draw.

(If at all would you raise at any position or only when you're last to act?)

Please feel free to give your comments....

Dai /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MaxPower
04-15-2004, 10:36 AM
You are not giving us enough information to answer your question. It depends on a lot of factors.

47outs
04-15-2004, 10:37 AM
I think these plays carry too much -EV on a full table. Most of these plays are done on the flop when betting for value IMO. These are great raises once and a while to add deception to your game.

Also, raising the draw as such (on the turn) may be quite profitable heads-up or on a short table.

sTuO

daiwiza
04-15-2004, 10:40 AM
So you'd raise only occasionally against few players left, right? Maybe a good idea. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

MaxPower
04-15-2004, 11:08 AM
The question you should ask yourself is why are you raising in each of these situations. If you can answer that, then you will know what to do.

daiwiza
04-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi Max!

I raise in this cases because if I make my draw I will have a more than 90% chance that I win the hand. So on the one hand it's a value raise. On the other hand I maybe get some players to fold (semi bluff). Also I confuse some of them as they cannot be sure the next time I turn raise if I have a good draw or already for example AAA. I just ask if you guys / girls?! raise occasionally or often in this situations.
/images/graemlins/confused.gif