PDA

View Full Version : hand for review 2 suited connectors

cnfuzzd
04-15-2004, 04:35 AM
im always curious if i am playing these things correctly. How did i do?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, Button raises, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Button doesn't show.
Outcome: Button wins 14.25 BB. </font>

thirddan
04-15-2004, 04:52 AM
i personally don't play connectors this low outside of the blinds or maybe the button...

I don't like a bet on the turn, since Button raised on the flop there is a chance that he will raise again and you will lose the other players...

Rico Suave
04-15-2004, 09:36 AM
Hey cnfuzzd:

I will not play 54s from mp even in very loose passive games--but I will play it from the button with 3 or 4 limpers and passive blinds.

Your flop bet is good. Your turn bet is bad, IMHO. I assume this is a semibluff, right? Well I think that you have nearly zero chance of taking down the pot with that bet b/c:
1. You have 3 opponents.
2. The button showed strength on the flop. So whether he has a real hand or a nice draw, he is unlikely to fold here. And if he has a real hand, he will charge your draw the max.
3. The board is fairly coordinated, which makes callers much more likely.
4. The turn card was an A, which is every microlimit players' favorite card. It is not unliklely that some one is hanging around with an A. Which, again, minimizes your chance of taking down the pot now.

I think the best turn play here is check/call.

--Rico

kiemo
04-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Muck this preflop. You are not getting good enough odds to chase and you still have 5 players behind you to act.

Flop bet was meh, I dont understand why you did it.

Turn bet was awful, you will want to get to the river for very cheap at this point since you have nothing and button was a pretty much assured bet.

DoctorDrew
04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i personally don't play connectors this low outside of the blinds or maybe the button...

I don't like a bet on the turn, since Button raised on the flop there is a chance that he will raise again and you will lose the other players...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure it is so bad to play this from MP at a loose passive table. I don't know if I would play this THIS early in MP. I'd like to see a few limpers and know there are passive blinds. I agree the turn bet is a major mistake, after the flop raise. You want to pay as little to see the river as possible. I would have bet this flop, just backed off at the turn and check/call. Folding preflop is probably better though in the long run with this small a suited ceonnector.

thirddan
04-15-2004, 03:11 PM
with six players in the hand this is, i think, an easy value bet, her has gutshot straight flush draw...i think this is a value bet also with only a flush draw/OESD...