PDA

View Full Version : A hand for the experts please. My first use of the converter too.

doggin
04-14-2004, 08:54 PM
The flop show a pair, my raise got the pre-flop raiser to fold but I had a follower. Basically, with UTG's after-flop bet I was lost, but could'nt /did'nt want to fold top pair.
And my raise did'nt lose him.
He clearly was gonna check raise me after the river gives him his flush.
Thanks

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: HeroT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, Button raises, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG bets, Hero raises, Button folds, UTG calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG calls.

River: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7 Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 5s Ks (flush, king high).
Hero shows Td Jd (two pair, jacks and fours).
Outcome: UTG wins 7.70 </font>

Diplomat
04-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Looks about as straightforward as you can get.

-Diplomat

Schneids
04-14-2004, 09:33 PM
If I'm in a 5-handed game and UTG limps and I'm on the CO with JTd, I'm probably going to raise about 75-80% of the time. I know that doesn't change the outcome of this hand for you, but it will probably allow you to win a larger pct of the pots you enter, on the overall whole.

gonores
04-14-2004, 09:39 PM
I agree....raising preflop is better.

gonores
04-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Why is this hand for the experts? I'm just a non-expert who wants to know.

Even though you were obviously going to lose money with a river bet this hand, I think in general it is at least slightly better to bet and call a raise here against your typical Party 5/10 6max opponent (you did not offer a read). There are too many hands that call you here to make this a bad bet.

doggin
04-14-2004, 09:51 PM
exclusively. I am a loser at shorthand play but addicted to it's action. With just a few good weeks I could be a break
even short handed player and my world would be a happier place. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I appreciate all comments though. I like your thoughts on
the river bet. It's just after losing two back to back
250 dollar buy-ins, I was gun shy when the third suit hit.
Thanks for your comment.
d