PDA

View Full Version : SnG results for Party Poker $30+3 NLHE - 300 tourneys

HC5831
04-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Ok gents, I just finished my 1st 300 games at the 30+3 NLHE SnG’s at Party Poker. Here are my results since I started playing SnG’s a year ago:

10+1 NLHE – 100 tourneys
1st: 18
2nd: 13
3rd: 16
4th: 15
$5.10/tourney
ROI: 46%
In the $: 47%

20+2 NLHE – 100 tourneys
1st: 17
2nd: 11
3rd: 14
4th: 13
$7.20/tourney
ROI: 32%
In the $: 42%

30+3 NLHE – 300 tourneys
1st: 51
2nd: 34
3rd: 48
4th: 32
$12.50/tourney
ROI: 38%
In the $: 44%

All the below comments are directed at my 30+3 game, unless otherwise stated.

I’m well within the 30-50% good player range. Needless to say I’m pleased with my results. I play 2 tourneys at once on 2 monitors. This works out to be $37.5/hr, figuring each tourney takes 40 minutes. My goal was to make at least $25/hr. I have been playing 6-8 tourneys a night for a total of around 150 a month. I didn’t feel that playing 2 games at once was affecting my game noticeably.

I’ve been thinking of moving up to the $50+5 tables, but am still a little hesitant. I think I’ll play another 100 or 200 at the 30’s. During my 2nd 100, I had horrific bad back, finishing with a $6.90/tourney. Then I had some good lucky during my last 100 to even things out. I’ve found that keeping my confidence up is the most challenging thing for playing poker. It is so easy to question whether you have just been getting unlucky or if you don’t have the skill to play. All you can you is keep playing +EV situations and things will even out. And they have. I feel that 300 tourneys is a good enough sample to prove I am a good SnG player at the $30 level.

My longest losing streak was 8, then it turned into 1 out of 12. That was hard to take, and I had to take a week off. When I came back, I went on a streak. My longest winning streak was 8 also. I break up my records into 10 game sets, then record my earnings/tourney. Then I do a more detailed analysis (above) for every 100. At the 30 level, I had 4 losing sets out of 30.

I’d like any comments and postings of results you have. Make sure you have at least 100 games in your sample, because with anything less, it doesn’t mean much. I’d also like to thank the posters on this board. I’ve learned a lot here and now that I feel I am getting pretty decent, I feel that I can give back a little.

HC

aslowjoe
04-15-2004, 12:01 PM
I just finished my 300th SNG last night. Here are my results.

10 NLHE Party SNG 300 games
1ST 40 12%
2nd 44 28%
3rd 48 48%
4th 43 58%

I also break my games into ten game sets. 7 losing sets. Longest losing streak 7. Last 100 was the best so far, but just when I thought I was playing better and picking up more wins the wheels fell off.The results of my last 30 are
1st 0
2nd 5
3rd 11
I am not exactly sure what happen but I think that I lost a bit of my aggresiveness.

Prickly Pete
04-15-2004, 12:39 PM
HC,

Great results thus far. I've tried to play at least 500 at each level before moving up. I actually played about 1000 at the 30s and didn't quite make what you are per game (though I had some learning curve in the early going). So I'd be surprised if you wouldn't be successful at the 50s.

Perhaps, while playing out the string at the 30s, you could try to add a 3rd simultaneous game. It's not for all, but if you can do it, you can add quite a bit to your hourly rate.

HC5831
04-16-2004, 12:09 AM
I apreciate your replies. I put some work into my posts and it can get frustrating when no one replies, especially when I see some of the other posts that get replies.

aslowjoe: don't let the bad run get to you. That's what I mentioned was the hardest thing for me in playing poker. It is very easy to have a bad run of cards and question yourself. As long as your playing your top game keep playing. It'll work out. As soon as you feel that it is affecting your game, take a break. Even if you didn't want to. I had a bad streak of 30 games over 7 games. At the end I noticed that it was starting to affect my play. I immediately took a week off. I didn't play another SnG for a full week. When I came back, I went on a tear. I've taken many breaks in my 4 years of playing, they have always helped me.

Pete: I can't handle 3 at once. I've thought about it, but 2 keeps my hands full. Even with two, I miss a hand here and there that I would have liked to see from other players play. I moved up to the $50+5's today. I decided to give it a shot. I play 8 of them for +$260. That doesn't mean jack because it's one day. Although it does help my confidence in being able to been the 50 tables. I played against a bunch of fishes at the 50 level. All kind of weak overbet bluff's etc. Thanks for the vote of support. I'll be posting my 1st 100 results up when they are done.

Anyone else have any comments?

HC

guppy
04-16-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else have any comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I'm jealous of you and many others on this board.

When I started playing SNGs it felt like I was minting money (although I never did as well as the best posters on here).

But over my last 100+ SNGs (all I have records of after a computer disaster) I am a small loser, with just 35% money finishes, and only 8% firsts. Unfortunately, it appears I'm not (yet?) a winner even at the 10+1s.

Good luck to you.

aslowjoe
04-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Keep your head up Guppy. Sometimes things turn and then you start second guessing yourself. Just play good consistent poker nothing fancy and the results will come. Thats what I keep telling myself. My streak continues
36 Games
1ST 0
2nd 8
3rd 11
Ugggghhhhhhh

Prickly Pete
04-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Great start HC. I know every time I've attempted the jump in stakes, it can be a little unnerving. So, getting off on the right foot is great psychologically. Best of luck.
(like that matters /images/graemlins/grin.gif)