PDA

View Full Version : %flop seen in pot limit omaha8 games?

elbooneb
04-14-2004, 06:00 PM
i'm 25$ pot limit omaha8 on party...very loose of no significant raises Pre-flop. What flop seen % range do u see has optimal??

Thanks

elbooneb
04-14-2004, 06:06 PM
It's just me but i think a rock solid PF strategy could be very effective since the average %flop seen must be around 45%.

Correct me if i'm wrong

Iceman
04-14-2004, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's just me but i think a rock solid PF strategy could be very effective since the average %flop seen must be around 45%.

Correct me if i'm wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

In pot-limit you should generally play more hands preflop than in limit as long as the money is deep and you can get in cheaply. Hands that hit rarely but make mega-hands when they do hit often won't be playable in limit because the slightly larger pots you win won't make up for the many bets you have to call when you lose. But in pot-limit with deep money you can potentially win someone's entire stack when you hit, and the cost if you miss an unraised flop is very small.

crockpot
04-15-2004, 09:10 AM
because of implied odds, you should be playing a little looser than in limit omaha/8, especially in late position. this assumes you can play well from the flop on, and avoid getting into trouble with marginal holdings. however, on party, most players don't have that much money on the table relative to the blinds. (because they have .25/.50 blinds instead of .10/.25) so i would play a little tighter on party than on other servers, because often there is not enough money out there to be won.