PDA

View Full Version : Supporting US Constitution will now get the FBI on your doorstep.

fluff
04-14-2004, 04:49 PM
http://www.constitution.org/abus/terror/FBI-MCOSTerrorist.pdf

So yeah, be careful what you say and stuff...

PS: I'm moving to Canada.

PPS: Although I find it hillarious that it also says to contact the FBI if you find any WMDs, including Nuclear, Chemical and Biological. Well, duh.

"Hey Bubba, I think these here thing is a thermonucular bomb thingamajiger...what do you think we should do?"

"I dunno, didn't those Feds have a brochure with instructions?"

Oski
04-14-2004, 05:12 PM
I don't mind the FBI being on my "doorstep." I have nothing to hide. If something I did caused somebody enough concern that they needed to call the FBI, I suppose I would not mind putting that person at ease.

I suppose we cannot have it both ways. It seems odd that we are calling for heads to roll because not enough action was taken re: 9/11, yet we complain too much action is taken re: investigations and intelligence.

By the way. I had the FBI "live" in my house for one week when I was in high school. My family knew a man wanted by the FBI, and as a precaution, included my house in the stakeout. This was the subject of an episode of "FBI's Most Wanted" on ABC. (I was interviewed and included in the episode which airs about every month or so in the History Channel and other cable channels).

Anyhow, my point is that having the FBI on my "doorstep" was not so bad. Even though they were plotting the arrest of somebody I knew, I felt good about doing my duty and protecting innocent people. Furthermore, my family and I did nothing wrong, so we had nothing to worry about.

Freedom and rights are not absolute and must be tempered with the reality; sometimes you have to give a little to get some back.

Have fun in Canada.

HDPM
04-14-2004, 06:07 PM
"Lone Individuals" /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ThaSaltCracka
04-14-2004, 06:11 PM
I don't quite see what your problem is with the pamphlet.
would you rather everyone not look out for any potentialy dangerous group or activity?

Maybe they don't in Canada, enjoy /images/graemlins/grin.gif