PDA

View Full Version : AIR AMERICA 'Bounces Check'; Taken Off Air In LA, Chicago

GWB
04-14-2004, 02:28 PM
AIR AMERICA 'BOUNCES CHECK'; LIBERAL RADIO NET TAKEN OFF AIR IN LOS ANGELES, CHICAGO AFTER ONLY TWO WEEKS

Here (http://www.drudgereport.com/)

After just two weeks on the air, Air America Radio, the fledgling liberal talk-radio network featuring Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo, appears to have encountered serious cash-flow problems.

The CHICAGO TRIBUNE is developing a story, insiders tell DRUDGE, on how the network was pulled off the air this morning in Chicago and Los Angeles, the network's second- and third-largest markets, because, the owner of both stations said, the network bounced a check and owes him more than $1 million! A charge the network strongly denies... Developing...

Darn, I sure hoped they would last longer. Maybe if we are lucky they will.

jokerswild
04-14-2004, 02:54 PM

GWB
04-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Calm down, Joker.

You are starting to act like these Florida Democrats! (http://www.washtimes.com/national/20040414-123947-2345r.htm)

[ QUOTE ]
A Florida Democratic club has taken out a newspaper advertisement urging the assassination of Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld...

[/ QUOTE ]

W

GWB
04-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Now liberals are on the attack:
[ QUOTE ]
VIOLENCE THREAT AFTER 'AIR AMERICA' BUMP
Thurs Apr 15 2004 16:00:34 ET

Jean Heinemeyer, general manager of Multicultural's New York station, reports that the station has been flooded with calls from irate Air America listeners over the past 36 hours since the fledgling liberal radio network was taken off the air from WNTD-950 AM in Chicago and KBLA-1580 AM in Los Angeles.

Heinemeyer lashed out at an Air America "press release" in which the network was going to resolve the matter, vigilante-style, by putting a crowbar to Multicultural owner Arthur Liu's head.

"It's more than sophomoric," said Heinemeyer. "It's disgusting and frightening."

The release was removed from the site Thursday.

[/ QUOTE ]

dsm
04-15-2004, 09:00 PM
I laughed so hard yesterday when I turned on Air America and heard everybody speakin' spanish! I was shocked. Only in business for two weeks, that's GOT to be some sorta record.

I was starting to like the Randi Rhodes show though, she's pretty funny. Last week she played a song called 'Bounce Your Boobies' by Rusty Warren (probably a Dr. Demento favorite). Damn, that is one funny song.