PDA

View Full Version : Missed the flop...is seeing the turn fishy?

PokerBob
04-14-2004, 01:58 PM
This is a problem that I sometimes run into and would like some input.

Assume loose/passive 3/6 B&M game. 9 handed.

6 limpers see the flop, hero is on button with 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. (Should I have raised?)

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

check, check, bet, call, call, HERO?

Do I see this turn hoping to pop a straight or flush draw? Are the implied odds large enough against a group of loose/passive calling stations? Or is this an easy muck? I am not fearful of a c/r from one of the blinds.

Any comments appreciated.

PokerBob

pudley4
04-14-2004, 01:59 PM
The pot was not raised preflop, so fold.

If it had been raised preflop, and you knew you wouldn't be raised, you could call in this case (backdoor straight and backdoor flush draws)

Bob T.
04-14-2004, 03:09 PM
If the pot was 1 bet preflop you fold. 2 bets, you can consider playing if you close the action. 3 bets, you can chase if you strongly believe that it will be one bet on the flop.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

Clarkmeister
04-14-2004, 05:13 PM
Just note that you would much rather have the board be K62 for your 78 than K92. I'd fold here without much thought. In a raised pot I'd also fold this board, but *might* peel one on the K62 board depending on my opponents.

rigoletto
04-14-2004, 05:29 PM
(Should I have raised?)

I think this is a very valid question. I think you should raise - not a majority but - a lot of the time if: the blinds will come a long anyway and you'll frequently get a free card on the flop. This goes for a lot of hands in this situation.

southerndog
04-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Hang around, you might catch something nice!

sthief09
04-14-2004, 06:12 PM
backdoor draws to the nuts are MUCH more valuable than other backdoor draws. it would suck if you caught your backdoor flush and lost to a better flush, or caught a T and J for a straight and lost to Qx. just thought I should add that

James Boston
04-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Fold.

ResidentParanoid
04-15-2004, 10:34 AM
I would routinely fold this. Better backdoor draws (nut flush, nut straight, overcards) *might* keep me in.