PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 pair on very coordinated board...

Raiser
04-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Did I get carried away here? Is the raise on the turn just stupid considering I 3-bet the flop and UTG+1 is bettinginto me again? And, after that do you call down even after not improving on the river? I called the turn re-raise because I had odds to hit my 4 outer. Is the river call automatic? The pot is so big that I thought it was.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

River: (27.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 31.25 BB

JudgeRW
04-14-2004, 12:44 PM
To me looks like UTG+1 pulled the ol' stop 'n go on you. I hate that, and rarely know what the heck to do with it. If he was going to lead the turn, why not cap the flop? Does he consider it slow playing? Letting you bet his hand? Who knows. I like the 3 bet personally, and when they only call and don't cap . . . I'd think I was good and that they were drawing. An apparent blank on the turn, I'd raise him up too. His 3-bet would make me start to think he had a made hand, but I'd do the same and go into check/call mode.

bisonbison
04-14-2004, 12:57 PM
I think your play is fine.

Nak
04-14-2004, 01:18 PM
It looks like utg+1 might be on trips. But your play looks great. If you you get a reraise then you are more likely thinking that he's on trips, but, as you said, the pot odds certainly justified calling. I guess maybe if he does have trips, it's likely to be trip T's since he didn't raise PF. This is even better for you since he doesn't have one of your outs.

Nak

sfer
04-14-2004, 04:06 PM
I like how you played it. The turn raise is good. You want to make it incorrect for the gutshots to call.

symphonic
04-14-2004, 04:10 PM
I think you played it fine. Looks like your opponent probably had a set of 10's or 89s? Most party opponents will raise preflop with AK, QQ or JJ. But hopefully he had TJ and your hand is good /images/graemlins/laugh.gif