PDA

View Full Version : I played some limit today! 4 hands.

1800GAMBLER
04-14-2004, 09:22 AM
I checked out the 15/30 due to boredom with NL, had a lot of fun, surprising how poorly aggressive these games are. Anyhow some hands.

CO is a LAG.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Jay is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Jay 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Jay calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Jay checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Jay raises</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Jay caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Jay bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Jay bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 16.50 BB, between CO and Jay.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Jay (16.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Jay shows Jc Js (two pair, jacks and fives).
CO shows Ad Qc (one pair, fives).
Outcome: Jay wins 16.50 BB. </font>

If i could be 100% sure he'd raise any bet of mine on the flop should i bet out, trap the 2 in the middle, then 3 bet? My c/r was only with those 2 in mind.

New LAG player:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Jay is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Jay calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Jay checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Jay raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Jay bets</font>, MP calls, CO folds.

River: (8.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Jay bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.33 BB, between MP and Jay.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Jay (10.33 BB).</font>

Jay shows 9d Jh (two pair, jacks and nines).
MP shows 6s Ks (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Jay wins 10.33 BB. </font>

I figured this is a defendable hand without the CO in and the CO calling doesn't change much since he's loose, comments?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Jay is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Jay raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Jay caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Jay raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Jay caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Jay bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Jay bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between SB and Jay.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Jay (12.50 BB).</font>

Jay shows Qs Qc (one pair, queens).
SB shows Ad Tc (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Jay wins 12.50 BB. </font>

This was against the first LAG again. I was checkcalling down if he bet out on the turn. Comments?

Same LAG:

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Jay is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Jay raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Jay bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Jay 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Jay calls.

Turn: (6.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Jay calls.

River: (8.33 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Jay calls.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10.33 BB, between BB and Jay.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (10.33 BB).</font>

BB shows Kd Tc (one pair, tens).
Jay shows Qc Ah (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins 10.33 BB. </font>

River? For 9:1 it seems like i can call and hope for KJ KQ A,x 5,x etc. His flop c/r means he still has his 2 cards and he's not been disconnected.

Thanks all.

lil'
04-14-2004, 10:44 AM
Hand 1 - If i could be 100% sure he'd raise any bet of mine on the flop should i bet out, trap the 2 in the middle, then 3 bet? My c/r was only with those 2 in mind. Nah, I like the way you played it. With kings or aces you could get trickier, but with jacks I don't like to give too many chances for overcards.

Hand 2 - Seems like a good time to defend if MP's raising standards are that loose. Really horrible calling by the MP here, since you are pretty much giving away the fact that you have at least a jack on the flop.

Hand 3 - Nice hand. Keep betting until that 4th diamond shows up.

Hand 4 - Just from looking at your hands against this guy so far, I can see why you would call the river here.

Ulysses
04-14-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If i could be 100% sure he'd raise any bet of mine on the flop should i bet out, trap the 2 in the middle, then 3 bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

With Jacks, I don't want to trap those guys. Between them, they probably have some Queens, Kings, or Aces as well as some backdoor draws. That's a lot of collective outs. With 8BB in the pot already, I'd rather get them out. That's more effectively done by checkraising like you did, because even though it's still 2 more bets, people are much more prone to calling if they've already called one.

[ QUOTE ]
I figured this is a defendable hand without the CO in and the CO calling doesn't change much since he's loose, comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one's fine. I think folding pre-flop is fine as well. Either way. At a table where one pair can withstand some action, I'd call.

[ QUOTE ]
This was against the first LAG again. I was checkcalling down if he bet out on the turn. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, against a player like this, this is fine. But in general, when you cap pre-flop and get 3-bet on a monotone flop where you can't beat top pair, it's time to start thinking about slowing down. Against most opponents, even many overaggressive ones, I'd check behind on the turn to induce a bluff on the river and save a bet the times I'm behind.

[ QUOTE ]
River? For 9:1 it seems like i can call and hope for KJ KQ A,x 5,x etc. His flop c/r means he still has his 2 cards and he's not been disconnected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even against a LAG, I think you gave too much action on the flop. Against a guy like this who isn't surrendering, I'd rather get to showdown cheaper if possible. He just called in the blind, so I'd expect this guy to have small/medium cards as opposed to high cards that missed. Actually surprised to see KT - I would have thought he'd reraise preflop. Same reasoning, that's why I wouldn't think he has Ace high. Anyway, I want to showdown my AQ v. this guy, but it's also very possible he has a pair. I probably call the flop raise and call him down.