PDA

View Full Version : A-K vs. 2 flush flop

deacsoft
04-14-2004, 08:09 AM
I have noticed that lately I've benn coming across a problem. I'll have big slick, lets say A /images/graemlins/spade.gif-K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, and the flop will come 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif-3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif-5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. In most cases, since I raised preflop, it would be checked to me and I'd bet, but I'm beginning to wonder if that is correct when 2 of my outs (A /images/graemlins/heart.gifand K /images/graemlins/heart.gif if I need them) could be dead because of the flush draw. Do you simply need the correct pots odds? Is position a large factor? Does the number of opponents change things drasticly? How do you all play this hand in different senarios?

deacsoft
04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Am I the only player that this happens to, or does everyone just make it up as they go along?

Additional info: Limit hold'em, partypoker, 1/2

Spyder
04-14-2004, 11:31 PM
I would guess that the idea is to make bets in such a manner that their drawing for the flush is a bad bet. You can't give them a free card by checking it on out, so, you have to either bet or fold. Given those choices, I say bet...make 'em pay for the card(s).

Spyder