PDA

View Full Version : my new favorite hand ever... my turn for the miracle

Sly_Grin
04-14-2004, 06:05 AM
decide to play for a few minutes at 5am, ran my $40 up to $93 with back to back AJo hands, one of which hit the inside str8 on the river, I get involved with 45s in a party pot

*********** # 6 **************
PokerStars Game #386566582: Hold'em Limit ($2/$4) - 2004/04/14 -
05:13:23 (ET)
Table 'Sphinx' Seat #7 is the button
Seat 2: dogslife ($144 in chips)
Seat 3: oksuz ($30 in chips)
Seat 4: mjw75 ($66 in chips)
Seat 5: SlyGrin ($93.50 in chips)
Seat 6: tcg3 ($28 in chips)
Seat 7: MR TEX ($24 in chips)
Seat 8: SuperSeppi ($48 in chips)
Seat 9: thermo-tilt ($202.50 in chips)
Seat 10: jackpotslim ($178 in chips)
SuperSeppi: posts small blind $1
thermo-tilt: posts big blind $2
Nemesistw: sits out
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SlyGrin [4d 5d]
jackpotslim: folds
dogslife: calls $2
oksuz: calls $2
mjw75: folds
SlyGrin: calls $2
tcg3: calls $2
MR TEX: calls $2
SuperSeppi: raises $2 to $4
thermo-tilt: folds
oksuz: raises $2 to $6
SlyGrin: calls $4
tcg3: calls $4
MR TEX: calls $4
SuperSeppi: calls $2
*** FLOP *** [2s 9c 8h]
SuperSeppi: checks
dogslife: checks
oksuz: bets $2
SlyGrin: calls $2
tcg3: folds
MR TEX: folds
SuperSeppi: calls $2
dogslife: folds
*** TURN *** [2s 9c 8h] [3d]
SuperSeppi: checks
oksuz: bets $4
SlyGrin: calls $4
SuperSeppi: folds
*** RIVER *** [2s 9c 8h 3d] [6h]
oksuz: bets $4
SlyGrin: raises $4 to $8
oksuz: calls $4
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SlyGrin: shows [4d 5d] (a straight, Deuce to Six)
oksuz: mucks hand
SlyGrin collected $66 from pot

man, the comments were flying LOL.
"you called all the way down on that?"
"LOL"
"sick"
"hands like that make me think pokerstars is rigged"
"no person in there right mind would call all those
bets on that"

frankly I only thought of folding after the flop for a few seconds but I thought it would be crazy to not see the turn. I don't mind putting in 3 bets before the flop because I was sure everyone behind me was coming along too. $38 in the pot preflop, I like 45s vs 5 other players, especially since its very likely none of them have cards I need.

I know I need to hit runner runner, but I'm gonna spend the 2 bucks to see the turn with a $40 pot. Then I pick up the open ended straight draw, only an idiot would fold to a $4 bet when the implied odds are something like 12-1 or more.

So a table full of players thinks I'm a lucky idiot, I think that playing babies in a community pot can be a beautiful thing and they should pay attention to the risk/reward ratio before ragging on me !

Guido
04-14-2004, 06:23 AM
I guess you think you played this hand well. You shouldn't look at the amount of dollars but at the pot odds. I like your limp preflop but I hate your call when it comes back to you. On the flop you need a runner runner so that would give you at most 2 outs most likely 1. The pot offers 20:1 so I would like a bit more to make this call. Turn and river are ok of course.

Guido

sthief09
04-14-2004, 06:24 AM
you played this hand terribly. I don't understand how you are justifying it

you shouldn't have limped preflop. you shouldn't have called the 2 bets cold. you shouldn't have even CONSIDERED calling the flop. and you are justifying playing small cards in a big pot. what's more, you're posting the hand, as if we are going to congratulate you for sucking out

sorry if that was harsh, but it's the truth. you shouldn't be playing 2-4 if this is your game

sthief09
04-14-2004, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
only an idiot would fold to a $4 bet when the implied odds are something like 12-1 or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I hope this post was a joke /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Guido
04-14-2004, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand how you are justifying it

[/ QUOTE ]
Me neither /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't have limped preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Depending on the table I don't think this is that bad.

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't have called the 2 bets cold

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely.

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't have even CONSIDERED calling the flop

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the pot is super big but I agree it's an easy fold.

[ QUOTE ]
you shouldn't be playing 2-4 if this is your game

[/ QUOTE ]
I welcome him at my table /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guido

bisonbison
04-14-2004, 06:47 AM
For convenience:

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (19 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (11 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (13 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Trix
04-14-2004, 08:13 AM
I would have folded 3 times before the turn.