PDA

View Full Version : Nut flush w/a pair on the board.

me454555
04-14-2004, 03:51 AM
Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)

No specific reads, passive table.

Hero has 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is EP2

EP1 limps, Hero limps, MP1 raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, EP1 calls, Hero calls

Table had been playing pretty passive. This was a judgment call and after 1 limper, I figured it was a good enough hand to limp with.

Flop(12 SB): Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, Button folds, SB raises, BB folds, EP1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 3-bets, SB calls, Hero calls

With the pf raiser directly behind me, I decided it would be better to go for c/r than bet out and risk isolating the rest of the limpers. Once sb c/red, I put him on 9x. I called 2 because I figured, if he's got 9x, theres a pretty good chance I have 9 clean outs and mp1 is probobly dead money. When mp1 3 bet, I figured him for a big pair QQ, KK, AA or an overplayed AQ. I guess I should have laid it down here but w/the pot so big, I decided to stick around and call.

Turn(10 1/2 BB): K/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB calls, Hero raises, MP1 3-bets, SB calls, Hero caps, MP1 calls, SB calls

So I hit my flush, and decided to go for the c/r again. After MP1 3 bet, I decieded to cap b/c SB is coming along for the ride anyway and theres still a slim chance that I'm ahead. My read on mp1 was that he most likely had QQ. I probobly should have laid it down here but the pot was too big to fold.

River(22 1/2 BB): 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, SB raises, Hero folds, MP1 3-bets, SB caps, MP1 calls

So I finally got smart here I think. W/the 4th spade falling I figured the only hand that will call a bet is one that beats me, most likely a fh. So I checked planning on calling one bet. Once sb raised, I knew one of em had a fh and folded w/confidence.

So, aside from botching the turn pretty badly, how would you play this hand differently?

For anyone interested mp1 had <font color="white"> Ac9c </font> and sb had <font color="white"> 9d7d </font>

LivingLegend58
04-14-2004, 05:46 AM
You shouldnt be in this hand.

Guido
04-14-2004, 06:04 AM
Preflop I would fold most of the time but you said the table was pretty passive which makes a call ok.
On the flop you said you put the SB on a 9x. This means you have probably 8 clean outs, not 9. When there's a 3-bet a lay down for 1SB closing down the action would be terrible IMO.

I wouldn't go for a check-raise because of all the action before and the paired board. MP1 could hold KK or QQ in which case you're toast. I would bet out and call a raise. Why do you cap? You said youself that there was a very slim chance you're in front. When that's the case a cap makes absolutely no sense. So bet the turn and call a raise and call the river when the action isn't too heavy. Good fold on the river.

I think you're turn play was the worst the rest was ok.

Thanks,

Guido

P.S. this post should be in the micro limit forum.

me454555
04-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Why do you say that? 1 limper in a passive table seems like a decent limp to me

sfer
04-14-2004, 10:46 AM
If the table is passive and loose I disagree. Limping here is fine.

jonnyv
04-14-2004, 11:56 AM
First, with only one limper in, I would have folded this hand preflop, but since it was loose passive this is a judgment call. After is was raised preflop this should have sent bells off in your head. With the flop being three bet I think this is an easy laydowm here. When the king comes on the turn and with this action you are beat. Only if the raiser has AA or AK are you posibly ahead, but the trip nines could have the full house. QQ or KK is likely for the raiser. Why would he still be raising if he knows the other guy has trip nines, because he can beat it! Lay this down on the flop and save some bets. Again, I would lay AX down from the front and only play this from late posion with a few callers in the first place.

me454555
04-14-2004, 01:45 PM
I don't think laying it down on the flop is a good idea. Unless the pf raiser has exactly QQ, I've got a good enough draw to continue