PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question for those of you who Multi-table

colos1
04-14-2004, 01:26 AM
One of the main skills in playing poker is being able to adapt to your table situation. How you play on a table full of rocks will be vastly differet when you are in a loose passive game full of fish. So my question ias this, for those of you who are playing 3/4 tables at a time how do you find the time to study each table and adapt your playing style to that table?

siccjay
04-14-2004, 01:48 AM
It's very easy to tell how a table is by watching a few hands or playing an orbit or two. It's not that hard to know when you should move tables really.

davidross
04-14-2004, 02:04 AM
The real honest answer is I don't. This is one of the things that suffers when I play 4 tables, and the main reason my win rate on 4 tables isn't 4 times teh win rate on 1 table.

Using notes will help identify tricky players or loose raisers, but the best solution is to leave any table you feel will require too much extra effort.

Your Mom
04-14-2004, 02:09 AM
That's the beauty of ABC poker. It will grind out a win against damn near everyone.

MicroBob
04-14-2004, 02:18 AM
if i ever see any of my 1/2 or 2/4 tabes get folded around to the blinds then i start watching that table like a hawk with an eye towards leaving.

scrolling through the past few pot-sizes gives a decent idea.

p-tracker notes-export is wonderful as well.
i've seen tables with decent pot-sizes but when i get there it's populated by a bunch of VPIP 19, PFR 6.8 guys. unless they're joined by a couple of VPIP 55 guys then run, dont walk, not a lot of money to be made.....nothing to see here, move along. this applies to initially selecting a table as well as analyzing as diffferent players leave/join the game.

astroglide
04-14-2004, 11:25 AM
answer: i don't know, but it's not hard

Piers
04-14-2004, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my question ias this, for those of you who are playing 3/4 tables at a time how do you find the time to study each table and adapt your playing style to that table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Game selection. There is no reason to be playing at a table that is causing you problmes.

ZootMurph
04-14-2004, 01:00 PM
1) I look for specific players first, and try to play at their tables. I LOVE the very rare ocassion where 3 or 4 of my favorite players are at the same table!
2) I use my notes in Pokertracker as I'm going through tables I may play.
3) Some things are just plain hard to miss.
4) If I am playing completely blind, I play very basic until something comes up.
5) Like MicroBob said... I get away from a tight table REAL fast.