PDA

View Full Version : laying down trips

MicroBob
04-13-2004, 09:26 PM
is it worth the crying call here?
afterall, it is 15BB and only 1 more to call....but the chances that i'm beaten after the check-raise look very strong to me.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: microbob is Button with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, microbob calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">microbob 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">microbob bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, microbob calls, BB folds.

River: (14 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, microbob folds.

Final Pot: 15 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14 BB, won by MP1.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by MP1.</font>

Nottom
04-13-2004, 09:30 PM
I think you should be making the call here, on this board you will be shown an overpair (well before the A), 2-pair, or less more than 1 time in 16.

Its a scary board, but scary boards are the best ones to bluff at are they not?

Tosh
04-13-2004, 09:38 PM
I think you're ok to call here. You'll be shown some randomness enough times.

MicroBob
04-13-2004, 09:39 PM
i suspect you are right. it's frustrating making these kinds of calls where you are 90% certain you are going to lose.
but losing 90% of the time in this situation STILL makes it worth calling.

but consider he called my raise on the flop and then check-raised on the turn....pretty obvious he has the goods....
but there is still that slim chance he's got the two-pair and, as you pointed out, that slim chance is actually enough for this size pot.

this play was a result of my knowledge that i still chase too much and have been trying to find areas where i should be bailing-out. this, however, may not have been one of those times.

thanks.