PDA

View Full Version : Difference between A tight/aggresive player and a tight/weak player

colos1
04-13-2004, 09:02 PM
What are the main differences between these two types of players? Assuming both players use the same starting hands and calculate pot odds correctly can someone explain the differnces?

Nottom
04-13-2004, 10:08 PM
A weak-tight player doesn't loosen up as much as he should when the situation might suggest it is correct. He won't do things like raise JJ in the BB after some limpers because "no one is going to fold". He is always putting his opponents on hands that beat him when they raise (or putting callers on big draws that will beat him) and is often looking to make "big laydowns". He doesn't value-bet enough on the river because "worse hands won't call". In general he's a poker-wimp.

The tight-aggressive player is someone who plays like we try to talk about on these boards everyday. Raising draws with lots of limpers, value bettng the river, raising with marginal hands to isolate weak opponents, and all that other good stuff.

siccjay
04-14-2004, 02:00 AM
Weak Tight is what a lot of players who think they are good are. They are the players that don't like to gamble really but think they can win money at poker. The people that like to gamble are usually LAG's and don't care about starting hands. You can bluff weak tight players out of a pot if they have top pair and a marginal kicker because they always fear the worst. Weak tight players can probably beat a few low limit games but will never be a winning player until they come to these forums or pick up the right books.

-sicc "former weak tight" jay

MicroBob
04-14-2004, 02:20 AM
main difference:

i'm weak
nottom isn't.

Tommy Angelo
04-14-2004, 08:22 AM
I used to be tight-aggressive and I switched to weak-tight and now I make more money with less work and way less pain. But of course I want more so I am doing research and development on a whole new category: freak-tight.

Tommy

bunky9590
04-14-2004, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But of course I want more so I am doing research and development on a whole new category: freak-tight

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you'd be playing the syle I play!. Welcome to the looney bin. LOL

Nice one Tommy.