PDA

View Full Version : TT and betting the river

cold_cash
04-13-2004, 07:31 PM
Okay. Right after the flop here I'm already trying to decide what my plan should be on the river if this goes check/call, check/call. I know I'm probably going to see some overcards (which I did).

If this is an easy bet on the end, can you tell me the reasons that make you say that?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero...?

CardCuda
04-13-2004, 07:49 PM
I think it's mandatory to bet the river here IMO. BB could easily be calling the lone A hoping to pair, or hoping to hit his 2 pair with Ax, he's either fishing or got a small piece of this flop, flush draw etc... For me I'd maintain the aggression if he misses he folds or calls you down with his small pair,......if he has a Q or J so be it.

He gave you no reason (so far) not to bet. (No raises). Maintain the aggression and bet the river.

cold_cash
04-13-2004, 07:59 PM
Will he call with a hand I can beat?

Brain
04-13-2004, 08:10 PM
bet it. this happened to me the other night on party 1/2. you'll get called all the time.

Trix
04-13-2004, 08:19 PM
3s,5s,8s,Pairs below Ts will often call. So will A-High and sometimes worse.

Nak
04-13-2004, 08:21 PM
I tend to agree with some of the other posters on betting the river - it seems that the tendency at these tables is that whenever people improve, they bet. He didn't improve. Of course, he could have hit a (horrible) gutshot straight draw and is now trying to check-raise. YIKES!

Nak