PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SnG results - oh I'll post them then

Stoneii
04-13-2004, 06:16 PM
Broke my duck - thx guys for going easy on me!

1: Stone_Eyes (Bangor), $72.00 (40%)
2: Poker Jon (Chigwell), $54.00 (30%)
3: TheStrength (Penarth), $36.00 (20%)
4: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan), $18.00 (10%)
5: Vengerov (Ramlösa),
6: peekkeep (n. richland hills),
7: Ruddiger (Sammamish),
8: Choyce (Haverhill),
9: heyrocker (Chicago),
10: ByronKincaid (Carshalton),
11: SimonDiamond (Redditch),
12: Tosh27o (Colchester),
13: KURN (Cranston),
14: Husker66 (Fort Worth),
15: Profit (Madison),
16: debaser (Buckingham),
17: Senseless (Tacoma),
18: Bingor (Aalborg),

Praying & Poker Jon in the money again!!.

DrPhysic
04-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Congrats on the win Stoneii!

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Stoneii
04-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Cheers Doc - had a tremendous turnaround in fortune.

La Brujita
04-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Nice job Stoneii. Can I ask a super off topic question? Where are William and CrisBrown? I miss them.

PrayingMantis
04-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Great game, Stone. Congrats on your first win! Also to Poker Jon and TylerD, for taking 2nd and 3rd.

Again, it was nice to see 2+2ers winning over randoms with big or huge stacks, who failed to make it into the money.

It wasn't much of an action game for me, I was dealt unbelievable crap (plus one AA!) and was in a kind of a tight, quite mood. But still, a few succesful moves, some patience and luck gave me 4th place, so it's a 4th consecutive money finish for me (100% in-the-money since the formal series begun, my friends!), and actually the worst of them all... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

OK, so now guess who's leading the Euro leaderboard, 3rd week in a row, and now by a really frightening, huge margin?

You're damm right!! it's.........

http://www.superaction.com/images/108/tournament/praying-mantis.gif

CrisBrown
04-13-2004, 11:28 PM
Hi LaBrujita,

I still exist. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've been playing ring games exclusively for the last month or so. I'd had a bad run of SNGs and was burnt out, so I'd decided to try ring play for a change of pace. As it turns out, the money has been a lot better (over $7K in a month), and the stress level is lower, so I've stayed there.

I still read this forum, and I keep meaning to play in the SNGs, if for no other reason than to enjoy the company ... but I keep forgetting. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I wanted to play this last week because, as it turns out, skaboomizzy is a teller at my bank (small world!) and I'd hoped to play at a table with him again. But of course ... I forgot....

So maybe I won't forget this week....

Cris

AleoMagus
04-14-2004, 12:05 AM
looks like a good turnout for the euro event this week.

Here's our growing leaderboard for the 13 Apr. Starting to see a few more names now, some of whom I didn't even realize were 2+2. Good to see

PM is right about the huge lead. A whopping 175 pts more than the closest competition... which of course means we can expect to see him at the top next week also no matter what happens. Very impressive

The competition should take heart though - This reign can be brought to an end! Remember, once we get to ten weeks, the oldest weeks will be dropped and only the most recent results will count. Perhaps the rising talents of Stoneii, or PokerJon can turn this tide? Maybe our new pal Profit can continue his introductory winning ways? Will ByronKincaid find his old charm?

I just don't know who will dethrone the mighty Mantis, but it should be interesting to follow as the weeks unfold

Here is your complete leaderboard

1 Helmetsky - 305 pts
2 Stone_Eyes - 130 pts
3 Poker Jon - 126 pts
4 t_perkin 2+2 - 124 pts
5 Profit - 108 pts
6 Heyrocker - 106 pts
7 MobyDick - 102 pts
8 ByronKincaid - 100 pts
9 The Strength - 92 pts
10 Ruddiger - 76 pts
11 Tosh27o - 59 pts
12 Bingor - 29 pts
13 Senseless - 27 pts
14 SimonDiamond - 26 pts
15 debaser - 20 pts

Again, congrats all.

Regards,
Brad S

Simon Diamond
04-14-2004, 12:37 AM
I have spent a little time making a front page for the series website, I hope it is suitable. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last night's results and the new Euro leaderboard are updated too. I expect to add further stats and Hall of Fame type stuff in the next couple of days. I am going to save Aleo the trouble of compiling the stats as I can do them myself pretty easily (Aleo's spreadsheet is excellent, shown me a few tricks in Excel that I didn't know!)

Enjoy the site, all comments and suggestions are welcome.

The 2+2 SNG Series Homepage (http://www.simongreig.com/sng)

Simon

Stoneii
04-14-2004, 03:09 AM
Excellent Simon, impressive.

Cheers

stoneii

TylerD
04-14-2004, 04:41 AM
Great stuff, as always.

t_perkin
04-14-2004, 06:04 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry I missed it with no notice. I was all screwed up thinking it was Monday and just forgot!

Praying Mantis is killing us dammit!

Good to see a better turnout of 2+2ers than last week (do I smell or something?).

Tim

Guy McSucker
04-14-2004, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Praying Mantis is killing us dammit!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because he's great.

Meant in sincerity, but sounding sarcastic,

Guy.

Sheriff Fatman
04-14-2004, 10:45 AM
The good thing is that in only 10 weeks time my first three contributions to the scoreboard will have disappeared!

3 shocking results to start with, all of them busting out in situations when I should have known better. Seems like I'm bringing my Z game to the 2+2 tables at the moment.

Hopefully I'll lift it up to my Y game by next week!

Sheriff Last Place

wayabvpar
04-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Very cool, Simon. Thanks!

Poker Jon
04-14-2004, 04:13 PM
Stone,

Great gamne at the end there.

Think it was getting past my bedtime!! Couldn't help myself going all in!! Most times though I did actually have a sort of hand.

Well played on the trip fours BTW - but the defining hand for me was 77 v KQo.

Will post a particular hand later between me and Senseless, which I thought we both played well (although I got his chips /images/graemlins/cool.gif), just for some feedback.

Well done all, especially heyrocker, who never seemed to have more than a chip and a chair but managed 3rd!! nice play.

Cheers

Jon

Poker Jon
04-14-2004, 04:15 PM
Love the website Simon. Thanks for the effort.

Jon

Profit
04-14-2004, 08:33 PM
very nice Simon!!

thanks for leaving 10's off the site lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Profit
04-14-2004, 08:38 PM
nice game stone, it was a pleasure "sitting" next to you for um....a few mins there... until i..uh .. had to go /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon Diamond
04-14-2004, 08:50 PM
thanks for leaving 10's off the site lol

What hand did you have in that hand where I flopped trip tens? I think you said an overpair in chat.

I've been feeling lots of pain today, you got a voodoo doll of me or something? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon

Stoneii
04-15-2004, 03:50 AM
Thanks Jon

I think the trip 4's was one of the precious few hands I actually played well with. I was hoping you'd pick up I was representing at best a low two pair on flop and it was just juicy for me that you hit the Queen afterwards for what seemed a higher two pair.

There were also two major all-ins against our early chip leader that were coin tosses that I won, presumably because he'd used all his suckouts at first table winning like 3 or 4 in a row going in second best (Vengerov I'm talking about).

So I know I was lucky alright, against you guys I think it's a necessity /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Profit, thanks too for comment, our wee corner (Bingor, you & I) was getting pounded on mercilessly by Simon and Vengerov early doors, thankfully my hands were more dreadful than yours or Bingors and so didn't get trounced as heavily.

Look forward to eroding that lead of PM's now that you must all fear me /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stoneii