PDA

View Full Version : What not to do with Pocket Aces - A case study.

Sloats
04-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Player 2 is UTG+1 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO <font color="purple">(Player1)</font> posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG <font color="purple">(Flashed Hand)</font> calls, Player 2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO <font color="purple">(Player1)</font> (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Flashed Hand checks, Player 2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Player1 checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Flashed Hand bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Player 2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Player1 calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Flashed Hand calls.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Flashed Hand bets</font>, Player 2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Player1 raises</font>, Flashed Hand calls, Player 2 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 16 BB, between Flashed Hand, Player 2 and Player1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Player1 (16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Flashed Hand shows Ac As (two pair, aces and tens).
Player 2 shows 5h 5s (full house, fives full of tens).
Player1 shows 4d 9h (full house, nines full of tens).
Outcome: Player1 wins 16 BB. </font>

The funniest thing about this hand is that the guy with pocket aces felt it necessary to show his cards eventhough he lost (and basically allowed everyone else to stay in the hand and hit their boats).

Rico Suave
04-14-2004, 09:49 AM
Hey Sloats:

You are right about UTG here...he played his AA terribly.

But I have some concerns about how you played the turn and river. 1. Why no 3 bet on the turn? Did you think you might be behind, or were you trying to set up a check raise on the river? I think the best line here is to go ahead and 3 bet the turn and lead the river when a blank falls. 2. I check call this river against 2 opponents. Given the action so far, it seems reasonble that a 9 or T is out there.

--Rico

Sloats
04-14-2004, 11:27 AM
I was Player 2. I could only get the reraise on the turn.

A raise by either on, the pair of Aces or Pair of 9s would have sent my little 5s packing early. Once the 9 fell, I knew I was dead, but I still paid the BB.

Rico Suave
04-14-2004, 11:48 AM
uhhh.....forget what I said.....I should learn to read before posting advise. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--Rico

Sloats
04-14-2004, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uhhh.....forget what I said.....I should learn to read before posting advise. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--Rico

[/ QUOTE ]

I justed wanted to show why someone should bet pocket Aces. That's why I didn't do the "Hero" thing. I'm sure it caused confusion.