PDA

View Full Version : AQo 5/10, top pair is popped on the turn.

BigEndian
04-13-2004, 05:07 PM
There are quite a few soft spots on this table, especially the limper. The turn raisor (CO) is a small buy-in player, but no other reads at this point.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: BigEndian is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, CO calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">BigEndian bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, UTG+2 calls...

What's your action from here and if you carry on, what's your plan. If you go to show-down, do you do so over-calling the EP limper if your plan was to call the hand down.

- Jim

mmanne
04-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Unless I see that the CO is out of money, or close to it, I'm calling the raise. Then, assuming no lady shows up on the river, I'm calling down.

matt

Yeknom58
04-13-2004, 07:03 PM
He might have just picked up a draw so I would consider raising. But surely I'm calling down.

BigEndian
04-13-2004, 07:50 PM
I figured. Damn it, I've picked up the weak-tighties. I'm way over thinking these hands and talking myself out of paying to see the river.

Sheesh.

- Jim