PDA

View Full Version : When the blinds are wrong, theory question

Acesover8s
04-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Let's say you're playing heads up limit holdem, but the site has the blinds screwed up, so the BB is the button and acts last on all betting rounds, and the small blind acts first on all betting rounds. What changes should you incorporate into your game?

I usually am playing with a 1/3 or a 2/5 blind structure, so I have been giving up the small blind to the uncontested BB frequently. I have also been raising my BBB (Big Blind/Button with any semi-playable hand. Is this correct?

Furthermore isn't this a terrible structure? The BBB has the best position with the most money preinvested, there seems little reason for the SB to get involved.

King Yao
04-13-2004, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually am playing with a 1/3 or a 2/5 blind structure, so I have been giving up the small blind to the uncontested BB frequently. I have also been raising my BBB (Big Blind/Button with any semi-playable hand. Is this correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. It looks like you have a pretty good handle on how to adjust to this situation. I know Poker Stars have the blinds "wrong", does any other site have the same problem?

Schneids
04-13-2004, 04:38 PM
I've played HU on Party before where it's been BBB. I dunno whether it always works out to be this way though, or only certain times when the table goes from 3-handed to 2-handed.