PDA

View Full Version : 4/8 Commerce

LivingLegend58
04-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Solid table at Commerce last night. I have J /images/graemlins/club.gif 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button. Middle position raises, two callers to me, I call. SB 3-bets all call.
Flop[Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]
SB bet, BB call, MP raises, MP +1 folds, MP +2 calls, I fold. Is this a bad call? Everyone calls.
Turn 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif[Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif]

Did I chicken out? I threw away the winner. Was this a bad play? Any remarks are appreciated.

Joe Tall
04-13-2004, 03:15 PM
This is a muck preflop. I'd like few more callers and real passive blinds that would call and not raise to call here.

On the flop you getting odds for your gut shot, you should have called.

Peace,
Joe Tall

LivingLegend58
04-13-2004, 03:20 PM
In other words I call when I should have folded and folded when I should have called. The raiser was a loose player so I thought I would let it ride.

Joe Tall
04-13-2004, 03:23 PM
The raiser was a loose player so I thought I would let it ride.

This does make the call better but reading your other hand is seems you have extremely aggressive players to act behind you. If there were 2 more cold callers than you w/JTs surely I'd call.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Tosh
04-13-2004, 03:34 PM
Was MP's raise an open raise ? Did the BB come along ? I'm not sure I make this preflop call unless there were a couple of limpers already. The fact that you folded the flop suggests you shouldn't have called, you really do have the odds to hit your gutshot.

LetsRock
04-13-2004, 03:55 PM
I have to go along with the notion that calling the raise pre-flop was marginal (although I have to admit that I may make this call occasionally). Not a crime, just a little loose - I wouldn't do this all the time.

Folding on the flop WAS a crime. What kind of flop were looking for by calling with a JTs? Do you have to flop a made hand to continue with this hand? You have a gutshot and a backdoor flush draw. If this isn't enough for you to call a couple bets on the flop, why did you call to begin with. You even had the pot-odds to make the gutshot draw alone (not to mention huge implied odds).

I would have been sick to fold that and see the turn bring me the nut straight and an open-end sf draw.

LivingLegend58
04-13-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to go along with the notion that calling the raise pre-flop was marginal (although I have to admit that I may make this call occasionally). Not a crime, just a little loose - I wouldn't do this all the time.

I would have been sick to fold that and see the turn bring me the nut straight and an open-end sf draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I am just a bad player trying to get better. My game has many flaws.

bakku
04-13-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Solid table at Commerce last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope by "solid table" you meant the actual table you were playing on was solid. LL games at Commerce are the wildest and loosest I've ever played at.

Anyway, I agree with what everyone else has said. Muck preflop, but since you didn't you MUST see the turn. That pot is huge..

LetsRock
04-13-2004, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know, I am just a bad player trying to get better. My game has many flaws.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Didn't mean to be harsh, but your 2 decisions didn't work together. In my book (which isn't exactly written yet /images/graemlins/wink.gif), I like to have some kind of plan behind making a loose call (actually behind every move I make) and it looks to me that both of your decisions were like changing lanes on the freeway for no apparent reason. Try to have a reason for everything you do - it's much easier to evaluate you moves (good or bad) if you knew why you did something.

LivingLegend58
04-13-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope by "solid table" you meant the actual table you were playing on was solid. LL games at Commerce are the wildest and loosest I've ever played at.

[/ QUOTE ]

By solid I mean, a couple good players, a maniac, and some inexperienced.

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I agree with what everyone else has said. Muck preflop, but since you didn't you MUST see the turn. That pot is huge..

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree somewhat, all the 3/6 tables are like that.

LivingLegend58
04-13-2004, 05:14 PM
Jumping into a pot with J10 I am looking for a flop like the one I got. Just the action ahead of me gave me a bad feeling, I didn't feel like drawing against a set or what not.

bakku
04-13-2004, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
By solid I mean, a couple good players, a maniac, and some inexperienced.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds like a typical table, with more experience you'll be crushing these games in no time /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I agree somewhat, all the 3/6 tables are like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen more $100+ pots in a 3/6 game anywhere else

LivingLegend58
04-13-2004, 05:20 PM
You are right, I was part of some monster pots just at 4/8. Do you not like these tables?

bakku
04-13-2004, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are right, I was part of some monster pots just at 4/8. Do you not like these tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love these tables, I think you may have misread my post? Anyway, gl with your game and keep posting hands!