PDA

View Full Version : 57s in sb

05-13-2002, 04:06 AM
5-10 TP

its folded around to the button who limps in, he's a fairly weak player. i complete the sb with 5c7c. bb checks. 3 players.

[10c 4h 2s]

i check, and both my opponents check behind.

turn is the Kc, i check, bb checks, button bets, i check-raise, bb folds, button 3-bets. what have i gotten myself into?

river is the Ac, i bet, button calls.

button had K10o, hahahaha, nice slowplay.

comments?

05-13-2002, 04:24 AM
i realize that i put a bad beat on this guy but he was really asking for it by playing like that.

still, if he'd have bet the flop he would have won 1BB, and even though he ended up losing around 4.5BB's i was the one drawing on the turn (without odds to i think /images/frown.gif ) and i just happened to luck out. when i miss he'll take down a considerably larger pot at my expense.

i definitely made some mistakes on this hand, in fact maybe his play wasn't so bad. he had me paying a triple-bet on the turn when i was a considerable underdog. but then i sucked out like a fish /images/smile.gif.

05-13-2002, 11:00 AM
I think his play was horrible. I'd be happy winning the 1BB with KTo, and I wouldn't have been unhappy to see someone call either.

I don't like your raise on the turn unless you had some kind of read on him that you thought he'd lay it down right there.

05-13-2002, 12:57 PM
The check/raise is terrible, unless you think there is a decent chance the button folds. There is less than 20% chance of making hand on river.

05-13-2002, 01:21 PM
i thought the odds of him folding were pretty high, its such an obvious bluffing situation for him. turned out he really had a hand though.

05-13-2002, 07:37 PM
Muck it preflop without looking back or having any regrets. Small, suited one-gappers need a lot of callers. You didn't have them. I like your position in SB, however, if you had had several callers because there would have been only one player behind you.

As they say, all is well that ends well; but I would seriously recommend mucking in similar situations because it will cost you chips in the long run.